2022 Heisman Talk

beekay414

Just now, candyman93 said:

Also, you can’t just shrug off those 3 teams. That’s like saying the SEC sucks without Alabama, Georgia, and LSU.

What? Nobody shrugged anything off. We're talking conference as a whole. Pac 12 has more ranked teams than any conference. They have a CFP contender. Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State are doing some HEAVY lifting for the conference right now. Nobody else is relevant. There's just no way anyone can say, either way, which conference is better. I watch the B1G every week just the same as you do and I'll tell you flat out that the conference isn't that good.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Caleb is throwing to NFL WRs too

He's throwing to 1 NFL caliber WR. And I was talking about the entire team, not just who he throws to. He has to score pretty much every drive just to win games with how bad that defense is.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Again. Nonsense.

YOU may not have but it doesn't mean others haven't. USC is a name brand college football program. Anyone that says otherwise is, well, yeah.

Agreed that they’re a name brand. 

I think you and I would both agree that Caleb Williams is more deserving of the award than CJ Stroud. So, do you think Caleb Williams is more likely to win the award? I definitely do not.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Agreed that they’re a name brand. 

I think you and I would both agree that Caleb Williams is more deserving of the award than CJ Stroud. So, do you think Caleb Williams is more likely to win the award? I definitely do not.

It's all dependent on whether or not they win out. If USC goes 12-1 and finishes up beating UCLA, Notre Dame and Oregon, with Williams balling out, he's going to win the award. If he doesn't, they'll defacto give it to Stroud. 

Stroud also came into the season as the favorite so he had a head start. If USC hadn't lost to Utah, I don't think there's a soul on the planet that would have Stroud ahead of Williams right now.

I’m an osu fan 

Caleb Williams is the best player in college football 

he’s the next franchise QB 

He’s gonna be in that Mahomes /Herbert / Josh Allen echelon. 

Im taking him over Stroud and Young

he reminds me of John Elway. Idk if he should win the Heisman because if Stroud beats Michigan he’ll have gone through the gauntlet, but Williams is the better player. 

On 11/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, beekay414 said:

He's throwing to 1 NFL caliber WR. And I was talking about the entire team, not just who he throws to. He has to score pretty much every drive just to win games with how bad that defense is.

Didn't you and I just have this discussion?