Week 10: Broncos @ Titans

TitanLegend

This week brings a matchup of relatively similar teams in the fact that both have struggled on offense throughout the year, but have had steady defensive performances, as the Broncos have the 2nd best scoring defense in football this year. On the bright side for Tennessee however, Denver's defense has been a bit susceptible to the run this year, allowing 4.9 yards per carry on the season.

The Broncos offense has struggled all season long, and the reason they hold a 3-5 record despite their defense holding opponents to 16.5 ppg, is their offense has only managed 15.1ppg. The Russell Wilson trade has undoubtedly failed to work out thus far, but coming off a bye, we'll see if the Broncos coaching staff has gotten anything figured out and can get Wilson back to producing at an acceptable level.

With how much Tannehill was still limping on Sunday night, this is looking like it could be another Malik Willis start for the Titans. He might be getting some help this week with the return of Treylon Burks, but Denver's pass defense might be the best in football. It's looking like the offense will have to be Derrick Henry or bust for the 3rd straight week.

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Uhhh, someone delete this and get someone new to make the GDT. Can't be messing up the juju, it's all we have.

EDIT: I see this was discussed in the other GDT. I will approve to keep the juju.

Yeah I expected someone else to make it then saw the notif in that thread, so here we are.

I hope we get to a point this year where NWI doesn't see the field. I like him but after last week he doesn't belong on the field if we want to make teams pay through the air. That is how I see us succeeding and having a chance this year. Treylon is back and healthy. Woods as the number two option, possibly getting separation against #2 corners. For gods sake at least try a jet sweep to Woods. Finally Philips at the 3 and actually contributing on big third downs. Please don't be another Humphries who always gets hurt.

Extra credit, Chig contributes more consistently. He has flashes, but is not there. Downing should be scheming for him more, dude has talent. Chiefs couldn't bring him down on the first play of the game.

This is the path to some success at least this year, through the air.

Lets get hot baby! Titan up. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

22 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I hope we get to a point this year where NWI doesn't see the field. I like him but after last week he doesn't belong on the field if we want to make teams pay through the air. That is how I see us succeeding and having a chance this year. Treylon is back and healthy. Woods as the number two option, possibly getting separation against #2 corners. For gods sake at least try a jet sweep to Woods. Finally Philips at the 3 and actually contributing on big third downs. Please don't be another Humphries who always gets hurt.

Extra credit, Chig contributes more consistently. He has flashes, but is not there. Downing should be scheming for him more, dude has talent. Chiefs couldn't bring him down on the first play of the game.

This is the path to some success at least this year, through the air.

Lets get hot baby! Titan up. 

NWI isn’t the problem to me. It’s Hollister. Hollister should strictly be a special teams guy and we got him out there as like our 2 or 3 WR. That should never be the case, injuries or not.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

NWI isn’t the problem to me. It’s Hollister. Hollister should strictly be a special teams guy and we got him out there as like our 2 or 3 WR. That should never be the case, injuries or not.

Yea ultimately neither would be ideal. Hollister is complete trash to me. Him blocking 90 yards down the field instead of looking back for the pass had me in utter disbelief.

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

NWI has a place. 

Hollister does not. He shouldn't be used in any offensive sets. I mean it's so stupid!  lol 
His abilities are like a skinny TE.  But they use him like he is Justin Jefferson. 

2nd game of the year for me. Supposed to be in the 40s. I highly doubt Tannehill is back. Burks and Molden could be but they’ll still play Hollister over Burks. Denver has a real good defense but have been susceptible to the run. It’s also our 2nd straight game where our opponent is coming off a bye and our defense just played 100 snaps and have to get ready for the Packers on Thursday as well. NFL really screwed us but no surprise. Denver has a putrid offense but so do we especially with Willis. Defense could also be without Bud with the hip injury. I’d rather him play Thursday if need be. I think our DL can do well against this Denver OL. I hope it’s a win but it’s going to be tough with this offense.

Just now, KingTitan said:

NWI has a place. 

Hollister does not. He shouldn't be used in any offensive sets. I mean it's so stupid!  lol 
His abilities are like a skinny TE.  But they use him like he is Justin Jefferson. 

NWI belongs as a #4 who barely plays offense outside of maybe 5 or so plays a game especially in our offense. At full strength he should be behind Bc shirks, Woods, and Philips. However we glorify blockers over actual talented receivers.