UK Posters

Hunter2_1

Thought it would be nice to have our own thread where can talk about our American bretheren behind their backs.... ;);) B|

Just kidding.

Was wondering a few things;

1. Where do you watch the games? (What channels etc)

2. Do you stay up for Prime Time games? (Sunday and Monday nights.....no one does Thursday)

3. What made you support your NFL team?

4. Do you get tired of having to defend the sport to ignorant soccer/rugby fans? lol. 

Bonus questions; have you told your computer to accept the spelling 'defense' and 'offense' yet? 

Cheers lads. 

@texans_uk @ukjets21 @Aztec Hammer 

Can't think of anymore, but I know there's loads of us. 

Nice thread.

1. I currently watch the games on sky sports. Mostly redzone unless the Browns or Pats are the live game. I had gamepass for the last few years but couldn't justify paying that much to watch the Browns lose 16 in a row and thus miss out on watching Brady games (they often play in the same time slot).

2. I don't stay up for the 1am games, though I record them if it's the above teams.

3. I support the Browns because they remind me of West Ham! Perennial letdowns, constant drama, stupid number of years without winning anything, working class city and passionate fans. I also really got into the sport fully around the time of the draft when they took Brady Quinn, so all in all I found the story I liked and even though I got it all wrong, it feels like my team. That being said I also love the Pats, because I'm massively fond of Boston and Brady is my favourite sporting athlete. Love Edelman, Gronk etc, the Patriot way and if it wasn't for the Browns, they'd be my true team. They're so far apart though that conflicting feelings aren't something I often have to worry about.

4. I don't even try to defend the sport. Thankfully I have one close pal that loves the sport so we just keep the conversation between us and talk the real version of football amongst our other mates.

Bonus: out of courtesy I spell them with the 's' on here! But I can't in any other format. Talking and writing with English friends, I use the correct spelling and pronunciation. Same thing with words like 'route' etc. Sounds weird admittedly, but I'm English, and we're speaking English. Even if it is an American sport!

What gives you the impression that I'm British? 

1. Where do you watch the games? (What channels etc)

Last couple of years I've struggled to watch many live. I was tempted to get GamePass this season, but with DW4's injury I'm glad I didn't. I watch a lot of extended highlights but if I do watch it live it's with SkySports. 

2. Do you stay up for Prime Time games? (Sunday and Monday nights.....no one does Thursday)

Haven't this season unfortunately. 

3. What made you support your NFL team?

We were both new to the NFL. 

4. Do you get tired of having to defend the sport to ignorant soccer/rugby fans? lol. 

Not really, most of my friends appreciate it's got it's own pros and cons. I've had a few debates with rugby fans regarding contact and padding, but not too often. 

Bonus questions; have you told your computer to accept the spelling 'defense' and 'offense' yet? 

Absolutely not. I insist on my PC and all its applications spelling things the British way. Only on this forum do I revert to American spelling. I played American Football at university and despite the best attempts of my teammates refused to be drawn into American colloquialisms. (they would refer to football as soccer and things like that) 

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

3. I support the Browns because they remind me of West Ham! Perennial letdowns, constant drama, stupid number of years without winning anything, working class city and passionate fans. I also really got into the sport fully around the time of the draft when they took Brady Quinn, so all in all I found the story I liked and even though I got it all wrong, it feels like my team. That being said I also love the Pats, because I'm massively fond of Boston and Brady is my favourite sporting athlete. Love Edelman, Gronk etc, the Patriot way and if it wasn't for the Browns, they'd be my true team. They're so far apart though that conflicting feelings aren't something I often have to worry about.

Ha, I feel you! Lucky there's no relegation in the NFL. Looks like WHU might be heading down this season. Feels very similar to when we went last time (under Grant, was it?). 

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

4. I don't even try to defend the sport. Thankfully I have one close pal that loves the sport so we just keep the conversation between us and talk the real version of football amongst our other mates.

Yeah, my closest mate is thankfully an NFL fan. Rams fan, so that's another one with years of nothing. 

Archived