Week 10 GDT - Bears vs Grumpy Cats

Sugashane

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We were 1 pick from drafting the greatest DLman in NFL history in 2014 because we beat the Browns in a meaningless game in December.   I could go on with other examples. 

If we can draft ahead of a QB needy team it could mean multiple first round picks.  

Not saying throw the games.  But I don't really care if we lose.   We let Mack, Quinn, Hicks, Nichols and Roquan Smith go.   Basically whole core of our front 7.   This is a tank year.

If you are going to tank.  Tank.

How many tank years have the Lions had? How about the Browns or Jags? Hard to come back from your franchise just being losers...I simply don't think we are going to be bad enough to land a top 5 pick...I think we will be picking in that #9-#14 range.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

How many tank years have the Lions had? How about the Browns or Jags? Hard to come back from your franchise just being losers...I simply don't think we are going to be bad enough to land a top 5 pick...I think we will be picking in that #9-#14 range.

The 49ers tanked for 1 year when QB went down, picked up Nick Bosa and went to superbowl very next season and nearly won it.

There are different circumstances.   Browns and Lions are inept in other ways.    Having a lot of picks isn't enough.   You have to make good picks.    (See Raiders).  Bears aren't starting from scratch now or searching for a QB.      They have a QB in place now.  They need to find and add blue chippers now.

Jags added talent this year that will help them going forward off their bad year last year.

Just now, dll2000 said:

The 49ers tanked for 1 year when QB went down, picked up Nick Bosa and went to superbowl very next season and nearly won it.

There are different circumstances.   Browns and Lions are inept in other ways.    Having a lot of picks isn't enough.   You have to make good picks.    (See Raiders).  Bears aren't starting from scratch now or searching for a QB.      They have a QB in place now.  They need to find and add blue chippers now.

Jags added talent this year that will help them going forward off their bad year last year.

I think examples here and there can prove the argument either way...all I know is it is more difficult to turn a loser around...Eddie Jackson questioned what they were playing for after the trades of Quinn & Roquan...that is not the mentality you want to play into by losing to bad franchises...beat the whipping boys don't become them...if we lose to good teams then okay we are outmatched but don't lose the games you are favoured to win...not many of them out there this year.

Anyone else sort of happy that Quan Muhammad is doubtful for this game? I really want to see Gipson & Robinson start every game for the rest of the season to find out if one or both can be depth options next season...I also have always been intrigued by Kingsley Jonathan given his length and explosiveness...these 3 guys might be on the roster next year...I highly doubt Quan will be. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think examples here and there can prove the argument either way...all I know is it is more difficult to turn a loser around...Eddie Jackson questioned what they were playing for after the trades of Quinn & Roquan...that is not the mentality you want to play into by losing to bad franchises...beat the whipping boys don't become them...if we lose to good teams then okay we are outmatched but don't lose the games you are favoured to win...not many of them out there this year.

In season yes.   And long term yes.    From 2022 now to 2023?   Add some studs in offseason FA and draft and optimism will be renewed.

My larger concern and worry for a tank year was Justin sucking the whole season with a bad offense and losing confidence as media and fans pile on and call him a bust and do I told ya so's.   Getting in his head.   Getting in GM/coaches head.   Then drafting a new QB in 2023.   That was worst case scenario.   Putting us on a never ending treadmill of suck.   It isn't happening now. 

So it's mission accomplished.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We were 1 pick from drafting the greatest DLman in NFL history in 2014 because we beat the Browns in a meaningless game in December.   I could go on with other examples. 

If we can draft ahead of a QB needy team it could mean multiple first round picks.  

Not saying throw the games.  But I don't really care if we lose.   We let Mack, Quinn, Hicks, Nichols and Roquan Smith go.   Basically whole core of our front 7.   This is a tank year.

Much as I’d like to see us win this game, a well played offensive game in a loss is probably better for us long term. Not only is it a loss overall, but it’s also a win for a team presently with a worse record than us.

With that said, I agree with MM that we’re likely to end up in that pick 9-14 range by the end of the year whether we win this week or not. That might take us out of QB trade up range, but it’s also seemingly a sweet spot in round 1 for EDGE/DL/OT/WR.

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else sort of happy that Quan Muhammad is doubtful for this game? I really want to see Gipson & Robinson start every game for the rest of the season to find out if one or both can be depth options next season...I also have always been intrigued by Kingsley Jonathan given his length and explosiveness...these 3 guys might be on the roster next year...I highly doubt Quan will be. 

Off topic but is Quan what this goof goes by? I hope every post that said Quan for the last 8 months wasn't referring to him because the ones I replied to I figured we were discussing Roquan

2 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

I just can't hope for any kinda loss to the Lions.

34-23 Bears

I just don't have it in me to hope for a loss. The best I can do is not sweat the losses and hope for a high draft pick. l know we have a to lose games.  I just can't root to lose a specific game.

On 11/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, dll2000 said:

Probably want to turn away bro, bc this team is probably going to win the next 3 or 4 games in a row.  

I'm all for the higher pick, but that opportunity has come and gone, I said in the offseason we are going to have to get used to winning games simply bc we have the  better QB.  How many games left on the schedule with a better QB than JF1.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Probably want to turn away bro, bc this team is probably going to win the next 3 or 4 games in a row.  

I'm all for the higher pick, but that opportunity has come and gone, I said in the offseason we are going to have to get used to winning games simply bc we have the  better QB.  How many games left on the schedule with a better QB than JF1.

I’ll be okay with winning too as that feels good.  It’s a good position to be in. 

Only bad outcomes are injuries and poor QB play.