Week 10 GDT: Texans vs. Giants @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

Just now, Shockwave said:

Whelp so much for hoping Golladay would deliver for us. Dude is a total lost cause. Needs to ride the bench.

It's truly hard to watch. The fact that the complete incompetence he has displayed as a Giant is such a far drop from what skills he displayed with Detroit tells me that whatever is going on with him must be mental. If that is an accurate assessment, his teammates and coaches should continue to support him. I know that sounds crazy, but that gives them the best chance of getting him through whatever he's dealing with and contributing - which ultimately benefits the whole team.

6 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

It's truly hard to watch. The fact that the complete incompetence he has displayed as a Giant is such a far drop from what skills he displayed with Detroit tells me that whatever is going on with him must be mental. If that is an accurate assessment, his teammates and coaches should continue to support him. I know that sounds crazy, but that gives them the best chance of getting him through whatever he's dealing with and contributing - which ultimately benefits the whole team.

While that sounds nice, this team is not talented enough to support his constant drops while supporting him if it wants to win games.

4 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

While that sounds nice, this team is not talented enough to support his constant drops while supporting him if it wants to win games.

It doesn't sound nice lol. It sounds difficult. It sounds crazy. But it's really the best option they are presented with. This team doesn't have enough talent at Wide Receiver to just give up on a pro bowl talent in the physical prime of his career. He needs to get right mentally. It's in the teams best interest to support him with that.

22 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Like pulling teeth, man. Can we PLEASE blow out a bad team this year, just once?

Hard to complain about a win though. 

Not going to happen with this team. They are not built to blow out anyone. The only big time playmaker on offense is Saquon, so teams can focus their gameplan entirely around him. Slayton has the speed as you saw today, but he's not a dynamic enough player to break it open with any type of regularity. The Giants were in control virtually the entire game - so I'll take satisfaction in that. 

Remaining games against the Lions and Commanders will likely be close games, too, despite their records. As long as the Giants can win most of them, I won't complain. They have finally rewired their bad habit of losing most close games from the last several years. That's all we can really ask for.

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 1

Thoughts on yesterdays game... 

This game went exactly as i expected. It was a typical Gmen 2022 win. It was not pretty, there were alot of ugly situations, and just a scrappy gritty grinded out win. I called 24-19.. i was off by 3pts on the Texans. Our team is not gonna beat u into submission for 60 minutes. We are not a roster whom is dominating. The only dominating player we have is Saquon and honestly without him this team would struggle mightily. That said, I liked what i saw overall by both the offense and the defense. Brian Daboll ripping into his men when we saw him on the sidelines is exactly what this team has been missing and he continues to show me as a fan why he is the best man for this job. He shows accountability and clarity. And it does not matter who u are. You make a mistake hes gonna get on you. That's a true head coach. 

Thoughts on offense.. 

I'm officially throwing in the towel on Kenny Golladay. Im sorry after that second drop he had from DJ, to me I felt like he's checked out. I almost feel he dropped that ball on purpose. This man is the biggest paycheck thief in the entire NFL and a complete embarassment as a professional football player. Daboll was 100% in the right to bench him for the second half. He is total dogs--t.  

Saquon, needless to say, was the megastar for us. The man just does everything we ask of him and then some. 150+ yds on 30+ carries. Dudes a total stud. So happy to hear they are already trying to do something about a long term extension for him. He is absolutely the biggest piece of this offense. 

DJ played a solid overall game. i think he has truly remedied his issues with turnovers and kept mistakes to a very minute level.  As i've said multiple times so far this season, it seems Daboll is using him as a game manager and having him take a run if he needs to. I still wanna see how this kid can do if he gets a legit #1 wideout. Jones has proven his worth to gain another contract. From an article i read, a contract for him that sounds about right for how he is is around 4 yrs 65/68mil. 

The oline was a mixed bag yesterday. Mistakes with offsides and some inconsistencies on the interior. The amount of injured guys we have on the oline is coming to a close hopefully sooner than later. I know Shane Lemieux will be back soon, Evan Neal may be back next week and Nick Gates should be back to full team reps next week as well. I am 50/50 with Josh Ezeudu. I see him being a decent run blocker,  but he seems like he's lost as a pass blocker. Jon Feliciano is also very inconsistent. 

The defense.. 

Cant argue with their performance. The offense put them in a few 3 and out positions and fast too. This group responded well. Dane Belton's first NFL INT couldn't have come a better time. To be in the end zone and then keep both feet in was a thing of beauty. Hats off to him 

Dex is just a beast. Talk about a guy who we know is a pro bowler. Maybe dare i say All Pro. It seemed like he was all over the Texans offense and was a nightmare for them. This kid is a guy they better think about getting a deal as well and lock him up for years to come. He deserves it. 

Big Kat with a solid game as well. It is amazing how much better we can be with him against the run vs. without. I know Dameon Pierce still had a good showing against us but we were able to get him down when it counted. 

I have to honestly give a thumbs up to Adoree and also Fabian Moreau. Moreau deserves some kudos because he done nothing but play solid ball for us and give us a decent twosome at the CB spot. 

Lastly, i cannot express how much this coaching staff deserves to be celebrated. We have men who are truly champions at their craft. Daboll, Kafka and Martindale..  God help us the teams that are gonna go searching for a head coach because im telling u Kafka and Wink's names are gonna come up in talks. 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

#1. Congratulations on the win!

#2. Congratulations on the commanders 

Defeating the Eagles.

3# Congratulations on the Packers 

Defeating Cowgirls.

Week 10 in the NFC East Worked out

Awesome for us , Couldn't be happier.

I just think there was one or two situations where calling a screen play would have worked out better in those particular Situations maybe adding some that into

the offense , that's my only pet peeve.

With that said I'm just happy 

And one last question anyone know if GmenSeattle is still around ? 

like I said I haven't been on this fourm in years but he was a Kool One.

• Like 1