Bowlers Midway Through Mock

Bowler1215

Right now we're picking 9th overall

Bears trade 1st 4th rounder for late 4th and 5th rounders

Bears trade 2nd 4th rounder for 5th and 6th rounders

1  DT  Gervon Dexter Our run D sucks, that gets better right now

2 OLB  Brenton Cox Jr Our LB core is next to none

3  ILB Avery Roberts doubling down on LBs, I expect this next April

4 WR Elijah Higgins Make Fields better by giving him more weapons. 

5 OC  Olusegun Oluwatimi Center is the weak spot on out O-line

5 RB  Roschon Johnson Monty will likely be gone, and we've found RB gems in the later rounds of the draft(Herbert, Jordan Howard)

5 TE  Austin Stogner At worst, he's a move the chains/red zone type TE

5  CB Cory Trice in a pass happy NFL, you can't have too many DBs

6 OLB  Shaka Heyward  gives depth

7 OG Matthew Jones O-line depth

• Like 1

Florida Gators with the top two picks?!?!?

seinfeld-kramer.gif

I don't know Roberts but I really would love to get Chenal in the 3rd round, though I have him pegged in the 2nd.

The little of Higgins I see kinda reminds me of Claypool.

I wish Johnson and Stogner we more used in the passing game, but depth is good and Johnson seems like a physical presence.

55 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Not that it matters a whole lot, but didn't Brenton Cox just get thrown off of UF's team?

Either way, I like it. I'd add an offensive player higher but Dexter looks like a good pro

Yep, but I am hoping that he goes to the 4th or 5th round due to it.

I want offense up top but those are both good players in your first two rounds.

Serious draft question: when do you think the bears should start taking swings on mid round upside QB prospects? Seems like there is always a reason not to, but I love the idea of doing it every year and hoping you get either a good backup or trade chip out of it. 

36 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Serious draft question: when do you think the bears should start taking swings on mid round upside QB prospects? Seems like there is always a reason not to, but I love the idea of doing it every year and hoping you get either a good backup or trade chip out of it. 

I kind of hope for every other year. Maybe you develop a guy and he can turn into a pick or you are lucky enough that your QB1 never is hurt, so you get to stash a guy who is fully immersed in the system.

Really I would hope to have the QB similar in play style to QB1, so I want a really athletic QB to keep the offense somewhat similar to Fields. Going from Tru to Foles was a disaster. Richardson has played like crap for the latter half of the season, leaving a lot of yards on the field. But his athletic gifts  are fantastic so I still feel like he'll be a 2nd rounder.

My target is someone I didn't put in my mock because I wanted to focus on talent around Fields, but Malik Cunningham is the guy I want. Fantastic athlete, hell he might be able to get on the Field at the same time as Fields. He just tied Lamar Jackson's record for TDs at Louisville, and he is likely available in the 3-4 range based on his Combine. He could run scout offense regardless of the opposing QB, have him be a pocket passer or use his natural athleticism to focus on containment (which is a BIG need for us). He doesn't have the straightline speed of Lamar, Fields, or Kyler IMO but isn't getting blown away by them either. That's pretty damn great IMO.

If we are looking at a 6th-7th then Spenser Rattler is a guy I could look at. He is an absolute project but has a ton of arm talent and is has the delusional confidence as you want a QB to be. lol.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 6:48 AM, RunningVaccs said:

Good question.  I was thinking of our more pressuring needs right now: run D/front 7, O-line and weapons for Fields.  I won't object to a mid round QB.