Saints must admit mistakes… Rebuild:

whodatworm23

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, Kingram said:

great news 

Sorry for the late reply but this sounds like another “kicking the can down the road” thing. We looked the other way because Sean Payton was the football coach, although it was still an undisciplined thing to do since he’d been wanting to leave since 2018 I believe. Do you trust Dennis Allen enough to play that same game with? Because I’m not sure he’s earned that trust. 

On 11/30/2022 at 8:13 AM, gen. manager said:

Sorry for the late reply but this sounds like another “kicking the can down the road” thing. We looked the other way because Sean Payton was the football coach, although it was still an undisciplined thing to do since he’d been wanting to leave since 2018 I believe. Do you trust Dennis Allen enough to play that same game with? Because I’m not sure he’s earned that trust. 

It's not really, after this year we're fine cap wise. I guess the only good thing about Davenport getting fat and struggling this year is you might be able to retain him for a reasonable salary, I can't imagine he will have a huge market. Zion needs to send him his trainer/chefs information.

18 hours ago, Kingram said:

It's not really, after this year we're fine cap wise. I guess the only good thing about Davenport getting fat and struggling this year is you might be able to retain him for a reasonable salary, I can't imagine he will have a huge market. Zion needs to send him his trainer/chefs information.

I think they’ll have to debate whether a guy like him should even be in their future plans. He is what he is at this point. He’s just another guy. Nothing spectacular. If they can get him on the cheap, fine. But there’s no way that they can count on him moving forward. 

5 hours ago, gen. manager said:

I think they’ll have to debate whether a guy like him should even be in their future plans. He is what he is at this point. He’s just another guy. Nothing spectacular. If they can get him on the cheap, fine. But there’s no way that they can count on him moving forward. 

Agreed, depth is nice though. I think he will be affordable, if not yeah I wouldn't pay him 15M per but I'd be okay with paying him 3 years 25-30M. You might even get him cheaper honestly, no idea what type of market he will demand. 

12 hours ago, Kingram said:

Agreed, depth is nice though. I think he will be affordable, if not yeah I wouldn't pay him 15M per but I'd be okay with paying him 3 years 25-30M. You might even get him cheaper honestly, no idea what type of market he will demand. 

Probably depends on the years.  I think he might take a 2 yr 10-15 mil deal to try and build up his value if he feels like he is finally healthy and just needs to get into better shape after recovering to really solidify his worth.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish we could've done better this year for Cam Jordan. That said, it IS time for Cam to retire his cleats. Would love to retain him on the coaching staff but let's face facts... analysts get paid far better!

I stand by my opinion that DA's ceiling is DC. So, bring in new blood and for Pete's sake... fire Pete... please!

On 1/2/2023 at 5:59 AM, jcvoodoo said:

I wish we could've done better this year for Cam Jordan. That said, it IS time for Cam to retire his cleats. Would love to retain him on the coaching staff but let's face facts... analysts get paid far better!

What's sad is he's the best DE on our roster, just above Carl Granderson. I don't know if it's time for him to hang 'em up, but there can't be much playing time left for him.