Blake Martinez retires….

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I don't know why this is so funny to me. I guess we are that much of a joke this year. Back to being the laughing stock of the NFL.

I think that title belongs to the Colts for now.  Now we lose to them on Sunday and I think we take the mantel...

On 11/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, Darbsk said:

Yeh, this is strange, as if the Raiders are such a problem he could have probably signed elsewhere. Must be something personal. 

Could be. Although there are plenty of NFL players already dealing with personal or family issues off the field. There are plenty of players who have played even the day after someone in their family dies. The Raiders locker room is probably not a place you want to be right now if you are dealing with things outside of football. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I guess he made record profit from a Pokemon card. He retired shortly after this event 

The selling of the Pokemon card had nothing to do with his retirement.  He signed a three year 30M contract a few years ago and the card he sold for 650K.  How is 650K going to allow him to retire?  650M and you're onto something but 650K..  No way. 

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The selling of the Pokemon card had nothing to do with his retirement.  He signed a three year 30M contract a few years ago and the card he sold for 650K.  How is 650K going to allow him to retire?  650M and you're onto something but 650K..  No way. 

He was making the minimum for this season…. 

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I guess he made record profit from a Pokemon card. He retired shortly after this event 

I’ll be showing my age when I say I’m dumbfounded by people selling Pokémon cards for hundreds of thousands of pounds. What a crazy world we live in 😂