GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. Mike McCarthy’s Sloppy Firsts

Nextyearfordaboyz

I’ve been seeing a lot of talk about how the Packers aren’t good this year. Well, before you start feeling pretty confident, let me remind you, the Packers have a winner at quarterback, and the Cowboys do not. Let’s take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

The year is 2017, Dallas Cowboys are facing the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round of the playoffs. Dak allows the Packers to take a 28-13, before Jason Witten and Dez Bryant put the team on their backs to tie it up.

With the game tied at 31, with 35 seconds left, the game seems headed to overtime. But since our quarterback isn’t a winner, we weren’t so lucky.

Dak allowed a completion to Jared Cook - the throw was basically impossible to convert, but of course, Dak allowed it.

And then Mason Crosby squeezed a 51 yard field inside the left upright. I mean, for $40M, I expect Dak to go move the goalposts. Heck, posters on here do it all the time for free. It’s obviously not that hard.

So what I’m trying to say is, don’t be pulled into a false sense of security. There is no telling the type of losing Dak is capable of, especially against this Packers team QBed by a winner.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

Make no mistake, Dallas has always been susceptible to losing to an above average or great QB.

Arron Rodgers absolutely LOVES whipping the Cowboys. And, regardless of their record, we are SUCKERS every time we play this team.

They're hungry for a W. 

This is a perfect storm that will expose this teams weaknesses.

GB 27

Dal 20

I would probably take GB against the spread. This is a huge, huge week for them. Are they really going to drop 6 in a row? Much better chance of creeping their way into WC mix from 4-6 than from 3-7

Despite how much better we appear to be on both sides of the ball, this game worries me. Helps that we’re coming off a bye. Hoping we’re up for this one, too, cause GB will be. I’m gonna say 23-20 Dallas

22 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:what I’m trying to say is, don’t be pulled into a false sense of security. There is no telling the type of losing Dak is capable of, especially against this Packers team QBed by a winner.

I get what your saying here and normally I’d be concerned too but you really don’t have to worry… playing 3-6 teams is Dak’s comfort zone.  The packers allow 175 rushing yards per game at home.  So, as long as Dak runs the ball, we should be fine.  And NEVER UNDERESTIMATE Dak’s unique ability to beat terrible teams.

IDK. Regardless of the two teams current successes and struggles it’s hard to feel confident. The Packers have won something like 8 of the last 9 games against us. They’re the only team in the NFC to have a winning all time record against us now, much thanks to Aaron Rodgers. Their Backs are against the wall.

Dallas is the better team, and hopefully that’s enough. I have learned not to be over confident against GB though.

17-14 Dallas

19 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I get what your saying here and normally I’d be concerned too but you really don’t have to worry… playing 3-6 teams is Dak’s comfort zone.  The packers allow 175 rushing yards per game at home.  So, as long as Dak runs the ball, we should be fine.  And NEVER UNDERESTIMATE Dak’s unique ability to beat terrible teams.

Pretty incredible statistical anomaly that Dak has been able to face terrible teams for almost 2/3 of his career games, which enabled such a mediocre QB to amass a career win percentage above the likes of Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Drew Brees, and Donavan McNabb.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Mentally this game being at GB scares me the most.  I can hardly remember DAk having a above average game in cold weather.  I noticed no snow or high wind which is a plus but cold is a worry IMO.  They have two “good” WR who can be dangerous. I would worry about deep threat.  As that is our biggest problem when not facing A1 level WR. Mostly Diggs being too aggressive and Brown lack of speed.  I think they are weak at TE but am unsure.  If we hold up against the RUN then things should be fine and or contain the short passing game to RB out of back field.
If our O performs like it did against Chicago then we will be fine.  Oddly GB is at the bottom of the list in sacks which is encouraging but they have a better overall passing D then we do which is a concern. I never trust us to RUN the ball when we HAVE to.  I really wish this would be another game the team could rest Zeke but o think we need him this game

Edited by quiller