Saints - Falcons playoffs

Mid Iowa

If the playoffs started today, we would be hosting the Falcons, and it would be the 3rd meeting in 30 days.

We play the Falcons in weeks 14 (away) and 16 (home) and the Saints/Falcons are currently the 3rd & 6th seed Wildcard matchup, respectively.

With the Falcons win in Seattle last night, the Atlanta replaces the former 6th seed holder, Seahawks, in what may have been a must win game for both teams. Of course, we all know Seattle's defense has taken some big hits in the last few weeks, so although it was considered tough to go to Seattle and win, that home strength has softened a bit, as we saw last night in Seattle's 34-31 loss to the Falcons.

Of course we all know things can, and will change, but what a wild ride that would be. I'm not sure I've seen a scenario like this before. I know we've played the Rams in back-to-back weeks in the playoffs, but 3 meeting in 5 games is just crazy sounding.

What would it take for the Saints to run the slate over the Falcons?

16 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

That's exactly why I'd prefer it. Usually great games. 

IMHO, a division game takes away some aspects of game planning. They just know each other too well. There's no hidden secret left to exploit that team. 

For example, We're playing the Rams this week. Payton may see something in his film study that he can attack and this may help us really dominate the Rams. I just don't see that happening with a division rival. 

13 minutes ago, SSK said:

IMHO, a division game takes away some aspects of game planning. They just know each other too well. There's no hidden secret left to exploit that team. 

For example, We're playing the Rams this week. Payton may see something in his film study that he can attack and this may help us really dominate the Rams. I just don't see that happening with a division rival. 

I mean, we've played pretty damn well against the Bucs and Panthers so far. A lack of surprise didn't really hurt us there. 

Archived