Week 12: Miami Dolphins (4-6) @ New England Patriots (8-2)... only 16.5 point underdogs!

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ NE  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• Less than 3 point difference
    • 3-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • More than 15 point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Jay Cutler
    • Tom Brady
    • Damien Williams
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Dion Lewis
    • Mike Gillislee
    • James White
    • Jarvis Landry
    • Kenny Stills
    • DeVante Parker
    • Brandin Cooks
    • Chris Hogan
    • DAnny Amendola
    • Julius Thomas
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Cody Parkey
    • Stephen Gostkowski
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2017 at 06:00 PM

Since Cutler is going to start, we will loose this game. I hope that Suh has a really good game, we need to try and trade him this offseason, and some game tape of him ripping Brady to shreds will help. Reality is, we won't touch Brady, they score 40 plus points, and the offense scores a couple TD's late in the game to help the stat sheet.

I'm taking off my aqua and orange glasses.....Sorry, but there's no way we win this games, so then it will obviously be a TIE!!!!

Thats right, a tie.  I predict some Bills fans will show up to this game and just as Brady snaps the ball they throw a giant rubber phallus onto the field.  Then Suh and Wake combine on a sack of Brady and as he gets up from the ground the giant rubber phallus has disappeared.  We soon find out where the phallus went as Brady has trouble walking back to the huddle and is immediately rushed to the emergency room where doctors remove the phallus from Brady's rectum, and they simultaneously save the lives of three well fed gerbils.  The embarrassment of this incident causes Brady to retire and his wife leaves him once PETA starts attacking him in the media.  

As for the rest of the game, both offenses suck without their starting QBs and it ends in a scoreless tie.

17 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

Since Cutler is going to start, we will loose this game. I hope that Suh has a really good game, we need to try and trade him this offseason, and some game tape of him ripping Brady to shreds will help. Reality is, we won't touch Brady, they score 40 plus points, and the offense scores a couple TD's late in the game to help the stat sheet.

It's not like Moore did much with his one start... he was even more disastrous than Cutler. Then again, I'm down for tanking for a better selection in next year's draft at this point.

Problem (well, one of) with Cutler is that he's THE worst at big time plays this season. The type of plays our defense has been giving up earlier in the season, and possibly still susceptible to. You could actually try and go at our secondary, with not much to lose, but I don't see Cutler doing so. So with that said, If I was game planning for Miami, I maybe ask the shifty receivers to go over the shallow-mid middle, motion them etc as our linebackers are not athletic at all. We tend to have a lot in coverage, and only rush the necessary minimum on the line, so I don't think Cutler will be pressured much. Running back screens, as well. 

For us, we need to negate your DL. Running on first down to pick up 3-5 yards has been good over the last two weeks, meaning 2nd and 3rd downs are quick-passing type downs, where the DL can't get into a rhythm. You'll see Gronk chipping Wake and releasing, Burkhead and co running hot routes, Cooks can go over the top. You have that good coverage safety with a good pass rush, so I would like the short passing game, but I've been wrong about this before. We've had a lot more longer-developing plays this season, with deep passing.

Lets hope for no injuries.

19 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We're pretty bad... at least 4-12 will net a good draft pick. Cause the way we're playing we're not beating anyone else.

I also take solace in the fact that we are getting a recent look at what Matt Moore can do as a starter.  There should be no clamoring for him to get another shot anymore.

10 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I also take solace in the fact that we are getting a recent look at what Matt Moore can do as a starter.  There should be no clamoring for him to get another shot anymore.

This season begs the question.

If Matt Moore has always been this bad (and it seemed like it based on his 2016 play), why has he been kept as a backup? He was re-signed this past offseason to a 1-year $2.6m deal.

If the FO knew he was terrible (he is) and that's why they felt the need to drop $10m guaranteed on Cutler, why have him wasting cap space and developmental snaps at all? Why not just roll with Doughty.. Dolphins could have been $12m richer next offseason if they had put minimal resources into a developmental, young QB behind Tannehill (if they wanted something more than Doughty).

Gasenbaum's approach at QB this offseason and in response to the Tannehill injury has been the biggest mark on their two-year reign thus far and it will have major financial repercussions in 2018.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

If Matt Moore has always been this bad (and it seemed like it based on his 2016 play), why has he been kept as a backup? He was re-signed this past offseason to a 1-year $2.6m deal.

If the FO knew he was terrible (he is) and that's why they felt the need to drop $10m guaranteed on Cutler, why have him wasting cap space and developmental snaps at all? Why not just roll with Doughty.. Dolphins could have been $12m richer next offseason if they had put minimal resources into a developmental, young QB behind Tannehill (if they wanted something more than Doughty).

Gasenbaum's approach at QB this offseason and in response to the Tannehill injury has been the biggest mark on their two-year reign thus far and it will have major financial repercussions in 2018.

It pisses me off that they don't take at least one QB every year and try to develop him.  I get the Moore resigning though, if for the only reason that he was familiar with the offense and could at least keep a defense borderline honest.  Remember that we were supposed to be a run-first team this year.  Doughty doesn't have the talent to keep a D from stacking 8 guys in the box. 

The game was about what I expected. Gase is lost.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Bingo.

Honestly, the only thing my brother and I can come up with is that Moore must have some good blackmail on the staff.

Archived