BDL 2022 Week 10- Death Valley Nightmare @ Cancun Kaiju

Scoundrel

Who Wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Death Valley Nightmare
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2022 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Shoutout to @PR for voting against us every game this season that he's voted on a matchup, all without explanation.

Ditto. My traditional voting block against me is in full force this season.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Cancun overrates their front four and i think Henry gets lots of yardage on rushes to the Jones/Phillips side of the line. 

In the end the White and Werner injuries are just too much for Cancun to overcome,  especially when Steven Nelson is both your number 2 and 3 corners

lol Nelson was a copy-paste error, but it's not like Michael Davis was gonna make a difference to anybody.

Who do you think we overrate on our line? Cam Jordan as 5.5 sacks and is still a better run defender than pass rusher. Dre'mont Jones is having a career season as (arguably) the best player in Denver's front seven. Jonathan Allen has 4.5 sacks, came into the week leading the league in TFL from an interior lineman, and may be the best DT not named Aaron Donald this year. What, Jordan Phillips, who is a nose tackle that can also rush the passer, is the weak spot on our line? With two guys on our bench who can play either inside position, and a third end who can play the run and rush the passer?

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

lol Nelson was a copy-paste error, but it's not like Michael Davis was gonna make a difference to anybody.

Who do you think we overrate on our line? Cam Jordan as 5.5 sacks and is still a better run defender than pass rusher. Dre'mont Jones is having a career season as (arguably) the best player in Denver's front seven. Jonathan Allen has 4.5 sacks, came into the week leading the league in TFL from an interior lineman, and may be the best DT not named Aaron Donald this year. What, Jordan Phillips, who is a nose tackle that can also rush the passer, is the weak spot on our line? With two guys on our bench who can play either inside position, and a third end who can play the run and rush the passer?

Well i think dremont Jones has been awful against the run so there's likely the disconnect. He's been stellar against the pass tho.  For a nose tackle Phillips also gets pushed around.  So against a run heavy offense, they are not good plays imo 

• Like 1

Cancun not having Rousseau doesn't hurt them as much as no Werner or Tre White.  They are super deep on the DL, but not having those top cover guys on the back end really hurts them.  That said, DVN has to streamline and functionalize their gameplans cause they are getting more convoluted to the point of barely understanding what's going on.  Also, no clue why Dotson is starting over Gallup.

I think I'm going DVN because the lack of coverage on the back end forces Cancun to devote more bodies to the pass in Cover 4 or 2 which hurts their ability to defend against the run.

• Like 2