Oregon goes down. Here are your top 8 teams in the country.

mdonnelly21

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Is there a scheduling thing that I missed? Why would a 1-loss USC not be in the same position come playoff time as a 1-loss Oregon? While I think UT is better than TCU, I’m still hoping like hell they lose a game. Don’t think the playoff committee would put Tennessee in otherwise. 

They might be, but right now the only really good team they've played is Utah and they lost. They still have UCLA, ND, and possibly PAC 12 Championship (which would be the winner of Oregon Utah). So they have some quality there to bump them up, but right now they just aren't there. 

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just throwing a dark horse name out there:

North Carolina

If they win out, what are there chances? They’d face Clemson in the ACC Championship.

I think if they win out they could definitely end up in the top 6-8 but I think they have some things going against them as far as sneaking into a playoff. For one, their conference. Then, I think you have to look at the wins they have.

63-61 vs App State

35-28 vs Georgia State

27-24 vs Miami

38-35 vs. Duke

31-28 vs UVA

36-34 vs Wake 

Then you have their loss being by a couple scores to the Irish. Pretty clearly I don’t think they would be viewed favorably against UGA, Tennessee, one loss PAC teams, TCU (possibly even with one loss), and definitely behind the winner and loser of OSU-UM. Winning out and beating Clemson would certainly give them a boost maybe above teams like Bama and maybe a one loss TCU. Not those top 4-6 options though imo.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think if they win out they could definitely end up in the top 6-8 but I think they have some things going against them as far as sneaking into a playoff. For one, their conference. Then, I think you have to look at the wins they have.

63-61 vs App State

35-28 vs Georgia State

27-24 vs Miami

38-35 vs. Duke

31-28 vs UVA

36-34 vs Wake 

Then you have their loss being by a couple scores to the Irish. Pretty clearly I don’t think they would be viewed favorably against UGA, Tennessee, one loss PAC teams, TCU (possibly even with one loss), and definitely behind the winner and loser of OSU-UM. Winning out and beating Clemson would certainly give them a boost maybe above teams like Bama and maybe a one loss TCU. Not those top 4-6 options though imo.

Agreed. UNC's record would be good, but they have squeaked by in a lot of games thanks to Maye. They would need some chaos.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, as much as I'd love UNC to make it, they are not a good football team. Chaos of all chaos would need to happen and, even then, you'd probably be better off putting 2 loss teams above them.

Their OOC schedule pretty much kills it.  You don't get to play Florida A&M, Appalachian State, and Georgia State and make the playoffs.  The ACC simply isn't a good enough conference.