GDT Week 12 - Minnesota Vikings (8--2) @ Detroit Lions (6-4)

ahoda

How Badly Will The Lions Win By  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How Badly Will The Lions Win By

why-dont-minnesota-vikings-eat-cereal-ev

Week 12

DET.pngVSMIN.png

(6-4)-----------------(8-2)  

636406646240400809-SI-20170910-gma-ai5-3

Sunday, November 23rd at 12:30PM EST/9:30AM CST

TV: FOX

Players To Watch

Passing Leaders

1114942.jpg ~VS~ 1137118.jpg

Matthew Stafford, QB #9 – 2,760 Yards / 19 TD 5 INT / 63.1 CMP% / 98.4  QB Rating

Case Keenum QB #7 – 2,194 Yards / 12 TD 5 INT / 65.7 CMP% / 93.7 QB Rating

Rushing Leaders

1824308.jpg ~VS~ 1637004.jpg

Ameer Abdullah, RB #21 - 369 Yards / 144 Carries/ 3.4 YPC / 3 TD

Latavius Murray, RB #25 - 412 Yards / 110 Carries/ 3.7 YPC/ 4 TD

Receiving Leaders

1265470.jpg ~VS~ 2059362.jpg

Golden Tate, WR #15 - 59 Catches / 691 Yards / 3 TD

Adam Thielen, WR #19 -  62 Catches / 916 Yards / 3 TD

Defensive Leaders

1852913.jpg ~VS~ 1244469.jpg

Darius Slay, CB #23 - 35 Tackles / 4 INT / 15 PDef

Everson Griffen, DE #97 - 31 Tackles / 10 SACKS / 2 FF

Click For More Stats

DET.png  MIN.png

516b0898d7f45ea7e8aa7ee686a1c5c4--viking

The Lions have won the previous three meetings between these clubs and all three have been nail-biters that came down to the wire, with one of them even going into overtime. The Lions three wins over Minnesota have come by a combined 16 points. Turnovers at key points, clock management and special teams execution have all been critical in these close games, and they figure to help determine the winner on Thursday, too. The Vikings have been excellent in critical situations of late, scoring 10 touchdowns on their last 12 trips to the red zone and executing well on both sides of the ball on 3rd down, where the offense converts 45.6% of the time (No. 4 in the NFL) and the defense holds opponents to a 28.6% mark, No. 1 in the NFL.

Wild card or division title I think this game will be for. If Xavier Rhodes can play I think it'll be advantage Vikings but if he's out, and with Lions at home I'll turn them into the favorites. He imo, is the best CB in football right now and if he's out for Thursday that is clearly is a HUGE hit to the Vikings defense and a major advantage for the Lions offense, receivers, and Stafford. A Rhodes loss is definitely playing into all the strengths of the Lions.

Outside of the though the game should come down to if the Lions defense can stop the Vikings run game.

Lions need an early lead and must try to grind it out late and get a run game developed. I'm getting sick of all the miss direction stuff, Lions need to get basic and just have runners run forward and stop looking to cut back for lanes.

Biggest game of the year and maybe for the season no matter the outcome for the Lions. They need this win badly if they have any dreams of winning the division. Not only that, it'll give a feather of crediability to the team's success so far this season. Outside of the win against the Vikings in Minny, Lions have no real impressive win this season. They've beaten everyone they're suppose to and lost to teams that are good, granted they could of easily won against PIT/ATL, they didn't and got hammered against CAR and NO.

25 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

If Xavier Rhodes can play I think it'll be advantage Vikings but if he's out, and with Lions at home I'll turn them into the favorites. He imo, is the best CB in football right now and if he's out for Thursday that is clearly is a HUGE hit to the Vikings defense and a major advantage for the Lions offense, receivers, and Stafford.

Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer

Three #Vikings were limited today: RT Mike Remmers (concussion), DE Brian Robison (back) and S Andrew Sendejo (hamstring/groin). Rest of the roster was full go.

those same three players were not available in the Rams game, and we beat them 24-7.

who does Slay cover Stefon Diggs or Adam Thielen? that could  go along way to picking a winner... does Rhodes stay on jones/tate or is he a guy that stays on 1 side of the field. I hope we can get pressure on Case. last yr he had a field day when he was on the rams but we got the best of him when we played week earlier in the year (he started I believe)

3 hours ago, disaacs said:

You realize that the Lions have never even been to the Bowl, so I think the OP is a little overzealous.  At least the Packers have a legitimate reason for boasting.  :D

He’s not boasting. It’s called a sense of humour. 

Lions fans have that.?

It’s all we have. ?

But someday, football gods willing, maybe a playoff victory. Yup, maybe, someday. 

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer

Three #Vikings were limited today: RT Mike Remmers (concussion), DE Brian Robison (back) and S Andrew Sendejo (hamstring/groin). Rest of the roster was full go.

those same three players were not available in the Rams game, and we beat them 24-7.

While impressive, Our best player isn't a runner and our best chance of scoring multiple TD's in a game isn't through our run game like the Rams. Honestly, we're more similarly built to GB with Aaron Rodgers than the Rams.

I heard Rhodes will be in too which is unfortunate for us but should help the Vikings out a lot.

More and more, closer and closer to the game it's looking like Lions and Stafford will have to attempt to jump out to an early 10-0, lead or something of that ilk and attempt to grind out the game the rest of the way offensively and make the Vikings offense more one dimension and on the back or arm of Keenum.

15 hours ago, disaacs said:

You realize that the Lions have never even been to the Bowl, so I think the OP is a little overzealous.  At least the Packers have a legitimate reason for boasting.  :D

How dare you bring facts in to this argument!

12 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

He’s not boasting. It’s called a sense of humour. 

Lions fans have that.?

It’s all we have. ?

But someday, football gods willing, maybe a playoff victory. Yup, maybe, someday. 

We all have a humor, except those one guys. FTP.

30 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

We all have a humor, except those one guys. FTP.

It would help Packers fans to actually have it, but their titles are all they have to fall back on.  I expect the game tomorrow to be once again a close game.  Let's hope everyone comes out of it healthy.  

Archived