Week 10 Cardinals Rams

Flounch

How anybody can watch this game and they just complain about the defense is beyond me. That offense isn't gonna win games for the '85 Bears and yet people put all their effort into whining about Morris and the D. My favorite part is after all the complaints about soft coverage we play press coverage a lot more and people still complain they even complain about that one play to Long who shouldn't be out there anyways.

Oh well long season watching this attempt at an offense.

Mcvay is checked out. The team came out flat again and that starts at the top. How the hell are starting your backup QB and go with a 15 pass/6 run ratio in the first half? It's inexcusable.  

Not going for the win last week vs Brady was the season, especially with Kupp going down. 

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Mcvay is checked out. The team came out flat again and that starts at the top. How the hell are starting your backup QB and go with a 15 pass/6 run ratio in the first half? It's inexcusable. 

I think it's easier with a bad QB to throw early. He'd have no chance on 3rd and longs which is what our running game would likely put him in. 

We saw AZ go very pass happy in the first half and get a nice lead. Granted, the Cardinals defense doesn't give up as many freebies. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I think it's easier with a bad QB to throw early. He'd have no chance on 3rd and longs which is what our running game would likely put him in. 

We saw AZ go very pass happy in the first half and get a nice lead. Granted, the Cardinals defense doesn't give up as many freebies. 

That would make sense if the run wasn't working, but it was. It worked for the Cardinals because Colt is much better than Wolf is, which brings up another point.

If we have a QB who is always as nicked up as Staff is, why don't we have a capable backup? 

43 minutes ago, JonStark said:

That would make sense if the run wasn't working, but it was. It worked for the Cardinals because Colt is much better than Wolf is, which brings up another point.

If we have a QB who is always as nicked up as Staff is, why don't we have a capable backup? 

They averaged like 3.5 yards per carry. That's probably better than the season average but I still wouldn't call that working. 

For your other point, they've just banked on good health as an assumption with the roster build. That's killing us this year. Each roster spot is valuable and it's insane that we have to keep 2 backup QBs to be scout team QBs. No one was going to steal these guys from our practice squad. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

McVay loves Wolford talks glowingly about him at every chance.

I'd say sit most of the key vets the rest of the way and compensate them in some form to account for performance bonuses. Kupp is done. Let Ramsey/Donald/Stafford/Wagner just rest.

Start Bryce Perkins, see what we have with him. Can't help our first rounder, but we can improve our 2nd I believe.

It sucks this season is done this early, but let's not compound the pain and add injuries that could potentially impact us next year. We'll be a laughing stock for tanking without a 1st round pick, but I truly dont care what they media has to say about this team. We knew what we were getting ourselves into and the Ring was worth it. Let's regroup and move forward.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'd say sit most of the key vets the rest of the way and compensate them in some form to account for performance bonuses. Kupp is done. Let Ramsey/Donald/Stafford/Wagner just rest.

Start Bryce Perkins, see what we have with him. Can't help our first rounder, but we can improve our 2nd I believe.

It sucks this season is done this early, but let's not compound the pain and add injuries that could potentially impact us next year. We'll be a laughing stock for tanking without a 1st round pick, but I truly dont care what they media has to say about this team. We knew what we were getting ourselves into and the Ring was worth it. Let's regroup and move forward.

Obviously we aren't resting our guys but we should switch focus to development for next year. Russ Yeast and Lake should start to get snaps over Rapp. Let's get Bobby Brown some run. Tutu/McCutcheon need to be in the rotation as well with Kupp likely at best case scenario out for a few weeks. Same for Durant/Kendrick. 

We don't have a lot of options next year to get better aside from internal development and good health. The last several games of the year will be important for that.

1 takeaway now in the last 7 games. That's never going to be good enough. That stretch includes 2 against Jimmy G, Colt McCoy, PJ Walker, and Cooper Rush. I don't know why McVay/Morris think this is the right defensive approach. Sitting back and expecting this offense to win games is insane. And I'll credit Morris for making adjustments in the 2nd half but it was too late. The defense could have taken over in the first half. Instead we have Troy Hill play 7 yards off on a 4th and 2. And who would have guessed AJ Green sits down for an easy 3 yard conversion. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Obviously we aren't resting our guys but we should switch focus to development for next year. Russ Yeast and Lake should start to get snaps over Rapp. Let's get Bobby Brown some run. Tutu/McCutcheon need to be in the rotation as well with Kupp likely at best case scenario out for a few weeks. Same for Durant/Kendrick. 

We don't have a lot of options next year to get better aside from internal development and good health. The last several games of the year will be important for that.

Why? We do everything unconventionally in this franchise. Why risk further injury? Let Stafford get healthy, let Donald and Wagner rest the final 7 games, Ramsey can do what he wants cause he's still young, dont bring Kupp back before the end of the year.

We can trade Allen Robinson and free up ~6Mil, Cut Higbee ~3Mil, Cut Akers ~1.8Mil. These 3 moves get us to 11Mil in cap space.

Sign an OL, draft OL/RB, bring along McCutcheon, sign a cheap vet to revitalize his career i.e. Marquez Callaway, Zach Pascal, Deandre Carter. Can probably get Irv Smith on a prove it deal to replace Higbee. Sign Mark Ingram/Melvin Gordon/Mike Davis to pair with Kyren Williams + rookie. 

This year is done cause of our O-line and I think mentally the team is shot. SuperBowl hangover is real. Now that they've been embarrassed and go back to being underdogs, it changes everything for next season with some mild retooling. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

1 takeaway now in the last 7 games. That's never going to be good enough. That stretch includes 2 against Jimmy G, Colt McCoy, PJ Walker, and Cooper Rush. I don't know why McVay/Morris think this is the right defensive approach. Sitting back and expecting this offense to win games is insane. And I'll credit Morris for making adjustments in the 2nd half but it was too late. The defense could have taken over in the first half. Instead we have Troy Hill play 7 yards off on a 4th and 2. And who would have guessed AJ Green sits down for an easy 3 yard conversion. 

Honest question here. Are the players in the secondary as good at playing a tighter coverage scheme as what hard last year? Cb and safety

Is our OLB room as good as what we had last year?

If the answer to even one of these is no then how do you expect Morris to run as good of a defensive scheme as he did winning us a Lombardi last year? Because last year he kept us in he SB after OBJ went out until McVay and a Stafford remembered Kupp!

12 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Honest question here. Are the players in the secondary as good at playing a tighter coverage scheme as what hard last year? Cb and safety

Is our OLB room as good as what we had last year?

If the answer to even one of these is no then how do you expect Morris to run as good of a defensive scheme as he did winning us a Lombardi last year? Because last year he kept us in he SB after OBJ went out until McVay and a Stafford remembered Kupp!

I don't expect the defense to be better than last year's playoff version. I've never held them to that standard.

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Why? We do everything unconventionally in this franchise. Why risk further injury? Let Stafford get healthy, let Donald and Wagner rest the final 7 games, Ramsey can do what he wants cause he's still young, dont bring Kupp back before the end of the year.

We can trade Allen Robinson and free up ~6Mil, Cut Higbee ~3Mil, Cut Akers ~1.8Mil. These 3 moves get us to 11Mil in cap space.

Sign an OL, draft OL/RB, bring along McCutcheon, sign a cheap vet to revitalize his career i.e. Marquez Callaway, Zach Pascal, Deandre Carter. Can probably get Irv Smith on a prove it deal to replace Higbee. Sign Mark Ingram/Melvin Gordon/Mike Davis to pair with Kyren Williams + rookie. 

This year is done cause of our O-line and I think mentally the team is shot. SuperBowl hangover is real. Now that they've been embarrassed and go back to being underdogs, it changes everything for next season with some mild retooling. 

I get the argument, I just wouldn't do it. Sends an awful message to anyone associated with the organization. If players are hurt, then keep them out. Stafford had 7 months of no football and showed up hurt. This is just who he is as a player at this stage of his career. Next year there is a 100% chance there will be a story during the season that Stafford is playing through injuries.