Should the Eagles just keep going for 2?

Phire

If you play DAL without Sean Lee...sure.  :D

Seriously, the odds say yes, but you have to be smart about game flow dictating it, too - if it's the 2H and a XP puts you up 2 scores and missing the 2-pt makes it a 1 score game, or same deal with 3 score / 2 score game, then you take the XP.   The impact of a missed attempt / safety of the XP has to be factored in.   Finally, stuff like if your guys are banged up / gassed matter too.

All of which to say...the mathematical probability alone says yes.  But what's happening in-game matters too.

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Clearly the Chargers didn't read this thread.  To their detriment (they did win though lol).

That was painful to watch. At least take the opportunity to practice your 2 point conversions, jeez.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:44 PM, Phire said:

I feel like when Dallas has Zeke they should pretty much never kick XPs. He just has to get in half the time to break even with XPs, anything north of 50% conversion rate and you're adding points.

Any team with an athletic QB should be thinking this way. A read option play is so hard to stop for any defense, unless you absolutely sell out to stop it and even then most offenses are now baking in pass options on top of it. 

I hope we do with room to be safe if the math says we need to be safe and go for one.

I think 2 point plays, going for it on 4th & Short are the type of analytics football needs to embrace more.

Plus if you know you are going for it on 4th once you get past a certain point, it really opens up what you can do. because it becomes a lot less obvious what you need to do

Archived