Justin Fields v Lamar Jackson

Superduperman

6 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Fields isn't anywhere close as to Lamar a passer.

And don't even give me the "weapons" BS; because outside of Andrews, Lamar has been working with Hollywood Brown and then RashodIR Bateman as his #1 WR.

Difference is Fields was a exceptional 'nfl level' passer in college and the #2 overall prospect out of HS behind Lawrence. Meaning, I have a feeling that his struggles passing the ball in the NFL with the worst skill position talent in the league is more on the team/talent than it is on his ability. He is going to come around to the passing side once playcalling, experience and talent catch up, its going to be scary. He is a powerful big runner like Newton with the speed/agility like Jackson/Vick but with a much higher ceiling than all 3 passing the ball

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Lamar has been in the league longer than Justin, but I think it in 3-4 years, Fields will be the better overall player as a runner and as a passer.

Why do you feel this way considering Lamar in his 2nd year was a much better overall player as a runner and as a passer than Fields in his 2nd year?

18 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I haven't watched Fields that closely till today but based on watching him for a full game, my conclusion is that he might somehow be both a better runner than Jackson and a worse passer.

Fields is currently a worse runner and a worse passer than Lamar Jackson. 
Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why do you feel this way considering Lamar in his 2nd year was a much better overall player as a runner and as a passer than Fields in his 2nd year?

It's no knock on Lamar by any means.  He's a great player.  I'm just really high on Fields' potential.  To be honest, I haven't seen enough of his games to have a solid opinion, but from what I have seen, he just looks like the type who could be very good once he learns the nuances of the NFL game.  I like both players a lot.

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How is debatable when everything with Fields is predicated on him keeping up a certain pace while Lamar already owns the greatest rushing season by a QB in NFL history?

He said current. Currently they're neck and neck in everything for this season. Defering to Lamar makes sense and I won't argue it too hardly, but Fields is breaking records as well.

I'm simply saying right now it's debatable, even if you prefer Lamar.