We Can Win The Super Bowl - The NFL Is Random

Norm

We would be lucky to even make the playoffs.  At this point odds aren't good.  Even if we somehow by a miracle get in we'd probably be one and done.  Thinking that's the best case scenario.  Most likely is we finish the season 4-3 and sport a 8-9 record.  Blew too many games.  But hey live the dream I never thought they would pull out that game against Dallas either.   We are in playoff mode now if they want to be assured a playoff spot they would need to win out from here.  One loss with some help.  Two losses and a lot of help.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

We would be lucky to even make the playoffs.  At this point odds aren't good.  Even if we somehow by a miracle get in we'd probably be one and done.  Thinking that's the best case scenario.  Most likely is we finish the season 4-3 and sport a 8-9 record.  Blew too many games.  But hey live the dream I never thought they would pull out that game against Dallas either.   We are in playoff mode now if they want to be assured a playoff spot they would need to win out from here.  One loss with some help.  Two losses and a lot of help.  

A lot of people who were on the ledge were there because they misunderstood the jets, giants, and commanders to be inept football teams.

Even the lions arent awful anymore. 

6 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

A lot of people who were on the ledge were there because they misunderstood the jets, giants, and commanders to be inept football teams.

You are right about those teams being better than what most originally thought + GB being overrated vs what they actually are.  But going 0-4 is tough to do as a playoff hopeful.   Splitting those makes thing vastly different 

7 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

The real issue was that it wasn't just the fans that took those teams far too lightly.  I very much got the impression that GB went into several of those games expecting an easy W

On 11/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, Scoremore said:

9 wins made it last year, so there is a chance at 9.  They will almost definitely get in with 6-1 from here

On 11/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, Scoremore said:

The miracle of getting into the 2010 playoffs will be surpassed by the miraculous miracle of making the 2022 field.  Once this team is in the playoffs, the NFC field will be a cakewalk.

Edited by Mazrimiv

GB has 4 slots available to them for the playoffs.

1 is NFC North division winner.  3 others being the wildcard spots.

GB is 5 games back ( loss column) of Minnesota.  Minnesota is 3-0 in the division vs GB at 1-2.  Even if GB wins the 2nd meeting with Minnesota, they would need another division loss + 3 more losses to get to 5 losses.  While not mathematically impossible,  it's not very probable that GB wins out and Minnesota loses 5. 

That gets it to the 3rd tiebreaker.....record vs common opponents.  AFC East and NFC East.  GB is currently 2-4 while Minnesota is 3-1.  

Then comes wildcard options.

Currently NYG, Dallas and SF

Giants are 4 games up in the loss column + the head to head, so effectively 5 games.

Dallas is 3 games up in the loss column, with GB having the head to head.

SF 2 games up in the loss column.

GB might need Minnesota to beat Dallas to help gain another game and hope Dallas goes into a bit of a slide in the back end of the season. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

GB has 4 slots available to them for the playoffs.

1 is NFC North division winner.  3 others being the wildcard spots.

GB is 5 games back ( loss column) of Minnesota.  Minnesota is 3-0 in the division vs GB at 1-2.  Even if GB wins the 2nd meeting with Minnesota, they would need another division loss + 3 more losses to get to 5 losses.  While not mathematically impossible,  it's not very probable that GB wins out and Minnesota loses 5. 

That gets it to the 3rd tiebreaker.....record vs common opponents.  AFC East and NFC East.  GB is currently 2-4 while Minnesota is 3-1.  

Then comes wildcard options.

Currently NYG, Dallas and SF

Giants are 4 games up in the loss column + the head to head, so effectively 5 games.

Dallas is 3 games up in the loss column, with GB having the head to head.

SF 2 games up in the loss column.

GB might need Minnesota to beat Dallas to help gain another game and hope Dallas goes into a bit of a slide in the back end of the season. 

I think the Giants are about to turn into pumpkins with their upcoming schedule. I have them beating the Colts as their only win in their final seven games.

I bet the Cowboys and 9ers keep it up, but hey, it's only the one opening that we need. 

I have us losing two more (PHI and MIA). If we can do that then we'll be right in the mix.

I'm thinking the Cowboys might be the team to fall out.  Vikings to beat the Cowboys this weekend, Giants the next, and we beat both the Titans and Eagles and we've already caught them.  Then the Cowboys still have games against the Eagles, Titans and Commanders