Week 11 Gameday Thread (TNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-6-0) vs. Tennessee Titans (6-3-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I thought that guy was going to take it to another level this year, but it hasn't been the case.  I swear he's been stuffed at the goal line like 6 or 7 times this year.  He has one TD. 

I think this is one where expectations may have been out of line just because we see his IG posts with his huge legs.

2 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

Dillon can be good, but many posters thought he was at the same level as Jones. With worse blocking the gulf in talent has been made clear and the forum is overcorrecting in its opinion.

I don't think anyone expected him to be Jones, they are totally different type of players. However, if people are defending Dillon by saying "well the blocking needs to be better" that doesn't really help the argument for Dillon. Any RB can be effective with good blocking. Dillon doesn't create much on his own and he's basically a straight ahead runner with average vision. His power was supposed to be his "it" trait and he flashes now and then, but it's not consistent. He's an okay player but probably not worth a 2nd round pick (as is the case for most RBs). 

Edited by packfanfb

5 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

Dillon can be good, but many posters thought he was at the same level as Jones. With worse blocking the gulf in talent has been made clear and the forum is overcorrecting in its opinion.

Just no reason to spend a #2 on the dude with Williams on the roster, nor was there a reason to give Jones the payday he had at the same time. 

Do one or the other... Draft Love or resign Rodgers. He contradicts himself every calendar year.

Gute hedges his bets at the detriment of his team, just like TT did. They're corporate bootlickers who only mission is the long term stability of the Green Bay BRAND. 

That is all they need to worry about to secure their paycheck... The marketing carrot that sells tickets, "next year".

8 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Just no reason to spend a #2 on the dude with Williams on the roster, nor was there a reason to give Jones the payday he had at the same time. 

Do one or the other... Draft Love or resign Rodgers. He contradicts himself every calendar year.

Gute hedges his bets at the detriment of his team, just like TT did. They're corporate bootlickers who only mission is the long term stability of the Green Bay BRAND. 

That is all they need to worry about to secure their paycheck... The marketing carrot that sells tickets, "next year".

I agree. This is a good summation. 

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

Yeah .. I was thinking about that yesterday. Jamaal Williams has 11 TDs this year.  Looking back it seems silly to spend a 2nd on Dillon when you could have used that pick elsewhere and kept Williams for a modest deal.  He wanted to stay in GB.  Gute is pretty bad at GM'ing sometimes. 

• Like 1