3 starters got to IR - Long, Lauvao & Thompson. Pete Robertson ILB/OLB added to 53 man

turtle28

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I would release gallete for Dwight freeney he single handily almost killed us in seattle

hes a good vet and situationslnplayer if skins plan to try and go 6 in a row which is possible but doubtful

I wouldn’t release Galette but I’d be interested in adding Freeney and playing Kerrigan and or Smith at DT in nickel situations.

Galette was the only pass rusher who got consistent pressure on Brees on Sunday.  

All I care about the rest of the way is seeing what Perine, Doctson and Fuller do. If Perine gets rolling like he did against the Saints the rest of the way then we potentially have a franchise back. For some reason I think he's going to run wild against the Giants.

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

All I care about the rest of the way is seeing what Perine, Doctson and Fuller do. If Perine gets rolling like he did against the Saints the rest of the way then we potentially have a franchise back. For some reason I think he's going to run wild against the Giants.

Yeah it’s about the young guys. Harris, Sprinkle, Spaight, Kouandjio, JHC and Everett too

On 11/22/2017 at 8:47 AM, turtle28 said:

Paul has done a pretty good job as a FB & HB (TE on the move) he’s 6’1, 240 something I think. So he fits those positions well and he still has WR skills as he showed off on the slant vs the Saints because thats the position he came into the nfl playing. They actually should use him more than they do but it’s hard when you have Davis balling out downfield as a seam route runner and drag route runner as well and when Reed comes back it will mean less time for Paul.

I get that the HB type guy is the modern FB and I don't suggest Redskins go and get one. Perine with some better blocking (he's pretty good already) and can't fumble (getting better there too) has great hands (I think he has caught everything thrown at him). I believe they've also used him as an HB but could quite possibly be wrong about that. Samaje  - 5'11/ 235 pounds - more like my thoughts as an FB type but just my opinion. 

Paul is fair to good on a lot of stuff but doesn't really excel at anything. Good on ST's but not irreplaceable. Their best blocking TE (not a real high bar). He'll give you some catches but has no YAC since he bulked up to be a better blocker. He'll get some short yards on the ground occasionally.  If Sprinkle gives anything close to what Paul does I could see Paul waived/walks. 1 year/vet minimum but not much more than that if they want to keep him around in 2018 (UFA). 

On 11/22/2017 at 12:40 PM, lavar703 said:

Exactly my thinking let’s just get these young guys snaps the rest of the way and retool for next year. Give perine 20 carries a game and give Doctson targets and jump ball opportunities. 

8 hours ago, footy_29 said:

Robertson shrugging off the coach after the bonehead play. Always smart...should be cut tomorrow. I'm not sure I saw the logic in giving him a shot in the first place. 

He was upset with himself. He knew he screwed up, he already gotten laughed at and yelled at by 90,000 People all of the USA and his teammates he knew he screwed up. I have no problem with it. These guys are humans, not machines, he knew he screwed up and is more upset with himself than anyone in the USA.

He’s probably sitting there wondering/hoping this won’t get him cut again. For a guy who’s been through all he’s been through to get to this point it is to be extremely disappointing to do that after thinking you’d get drafted because you were a great pass rusher in college but a weight lifting accident before the draft almost ended your career. Then, to miss a year or more because of that and then to go from practice squad to practice squad to final get your chance and to screw up on national tv, in prime time, he didn’t need to hear it anymore. He needed to be in his own thoughts.

That’s why the  coach didn’t go yell at him, he was a good coach and gave Robertson his Space. That coach has good People skills. Good job by the coach.

Also, the Redskins had Robertson on the field on the practice squad last year and on the team in the offseason and preseason. Then, they brought him back because of injuries to other LBs, why wouldn’t you give that guy a chance?

He actually played well on special teams but made a really dumb mistake. He drilled the Giants kick returner on a kick off when no other skins were near him. He did get down the field to down that punt when others didn’t appear they would. He’s obviously got talent, he just made a mistake.

Robertson has arm length and hand use to his advantage, but look objectively at the college production, the 40 yard dash (5.12) and poor performance in explosiveness drills. Was suspended for a game early in the 2015 season without the non-injury reason publicly stated.

Look, if you're trying to climb a steep hill and earn a spot on the roster then doing what Pete Robertson did was not what you do. Unless you're an early draft pick, you're slated for special teams. There have been toe-tipping goalline saves on special teams for more than a decade. This guy didn't do his homework. When you make as much as you do in the NFL, and the roster spots are heavily contested, you only get so many chances to prove your worth. Proving you don't belong there can happen an instant. 

Archived