Week 12 GDT - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

The Seahawks are banged up on the defensive end, but still a solid unit. I don't think their defense played all that bad yesterday, but coming on the road on a short week vs a team coming off a bye isn't ideal. Though, they won't have to travel all that far which should help.

Obviously the big question will be Garoppolo or Beathard? Rapoport said Beathard has earned another start but I'm not sure if that's what he has heard from someone in the organization or just giving his opinion. For me, it is is a no-brainier that you start Garoppolo. That is unless he isn't comfortable with the system yet, but by game day it would have been like 27 days since he's been here and that seems like plenty of time. He won't be fully comfortable until next season in all likelihood, but good enough to go now.

Seahawks run defense looked awesome for the most part against the Falcons so Hyde/Breida will have a tough going against that front. 

Interested in seeing if Lynch will be back and if Tank will be activated. Then we will have a log jam at the edge as we did earlier in the season. But that's a good problem to have. Thomas should also be returning.

Buckner with the week off should come back rejuvenated and wreck havoc as he did in the beginning of the season.

I know Colbert had surgery last week, but he should be able to go right? If not, then I have no idea who starts at FS. McCoil possibly?

Kittle/Taylor missed last game but may come back this week. Our receiving core is banged up so that's good news. More Bourne please.

Seahawks have no run game whatsoever. Well they do, that's Russell Wilson scrambling and making things happen. Foster will likely be the one responsible for spying Wilson and that should be a nice match up. 

I know it is funny to say, but this is a winnable game. Think we fall short like the last meeting though. Seahawks 24 49ers 20

This last Sunday was my 40th birthday(November 19th, also the date that Kaepernick had his first start against the Bears in 2012).  Perfect birthday gift.  No win to mess with draft picks and no losses to further my fan misery this season.  

As for this week, I've been seeing a lot of people saying we have a good chance to beat the Seahawks.  I'm just not feeling that at all.  Yeah, they've had some injuries, but they still have a really good quarterback who makes plays and quite a few other solid players at key positions.  We've had a severe injury problem on a team not loaded with a lot of talent to begin with.  I think Seattle wins this pretty decisively.  31-13   Would love to be proved wrong and hand them a loss, though.   

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Jimmy G may have to wait another week. 

I don't mind that at all. On one hand, I didn't want to wait until Beathard had a bad performance before handing over the reins to Garo, but at the same time, it's not ideal to hand over the reins to Garo against the Seahawks, unless the staff feels really confident in him. Personally, I'd give Garo the last four starts of the year.  

We're banged up a lot worse with less talent to begin with. 

Short week, possibly gives us a slight advantage, but do teams really need to prepare for us all that much?  **shrug**

I'm not sure Levi Stadium is much of a home field advantage.  

I'll be happy to eat my words if we win, though.  I just don't see that happening.  

3 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Honestly, I've never heard of that guy.

I actually liked Exum as a prospect coming out. He was behind some real talent in Minny @safety so not holding that against him. Think he's more of a SS. He has some range, just not much speed. Still young and could be solid depth for the future if he impresses.

22 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I'll be happy to eat my words if we win, though.  I just don't see that happening.  

Watching the Seahawks lose is just one of those little joys in life that weigh more than draft position for me. It's unlikely, but I'd have so much fun if we beat them.

44 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Beathard should start. From the sounds of it, it seems like learning Shanahan's system takes a while. 49ers have no talent on offense. Jimmy GQ just got here. Why should he play so soon with the deck stacked against him? 

I don't mind them taking the time before he starts, but we are one of the least talented and most banged up teams in the NFL. Regardless of when he's finally tapped to start, the deck will be stacked against him. 

Archived