Tyreek Hill vs Justin Jefferson

Chiefer

Which is the Best?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best?

• Tyreek Hill
    • Justin Jefferson

5 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Jefferson is elite as they come, but Tyreek is in his own tier & has been since 2019 as far as I’m concerned. While he’s shorter, he can do all the things Jefferson can do, but has transcendent speed to top it.

You thought he was better than Adams in 20 and Cooper  had a GOAT year in 2021? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Jefferson is a better, more skillful wide receiver but Hill is more impactful and a more dangerous weapon.

Yeah this is about as accurate as it gets. Jefferson has more skill as a WR and is more polished as a player (because he has to be), but Hill is more dangerous because of his natural speed/agility/quickness, which is just on a totally different level than anyone else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I now think people are starting to undervalue Hill's skills as a WR, just because of the speed. His only real weakness is his height, IMO.

I don't know that I'd say he is that great at making contested catches. I don't mean ones where there is tight coverage, but one's where the is a real chance of the DB making a play on the ball. Maybe height is playing into that, certainly in terms of jump balls, but I don't recall many times where he basically just beats the DB on a catch, and certainly not the way a Jefferson or Hopkins does.

19 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Jefferson is a better, more skillful wide receiver but Hill is more impactful and a more dangerous weapon.

This is my feeling as well. And since his dangerousness comes from his speed and agility it is nearly impossible to completely take him out of game. Simple WR screens to him or quick slants you just can't stop the ball getting into his hands and then you have a hell of a time bringing him down.

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I don't know that I'd say he is that great at making contested catches. I don't mean ones where there is tight coverage, but one's where the is a real chance of the DB making a play on the ball. Maybe height is playing into that, certainly in terms of jump balls, but I don't recall many times where he basically just beats the DB on a catch, and certainly not the way a Jefferson or Hopkins does.

He’s done it multiple times this year with Miami. He goes up about as good as a 5’10” guy can.

Edited by Tetsujin

14 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

He’s done it multiple times this year with Miami. He goes up about as good as a 5’10” guy can.

He can be good at it (both for a 5’10 guy and a player in general) without being the best in the league at it. No one in the universe is unsure about who they’d rather have in a jump ball/contested catch between Jefferson and Hill (or especially Hopkins for that matter).

15 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

He can be good at it (both for a 5’10 guy and a player in general) without being the best in the league at it. No one in the universe is unsure about who they’d rather have in a jump ball/contested catch between Jefferson and Hill (or especially Hopkins for that matter).

I disagree. He might not be as good at high pointing due to size but he's absolutely elite in terms of body control/placement and adjusting to the ball. Not every contested catch is a jump ball.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:42 AM, NYRaider said:

Tyreek Hill is on pace to set the all time receiving record after switching teams and downgrading at QB. 

He also has Waddle opening up deep coverages, McDaniel scheming up plays(particularly run plays), and while Tua isn’t Mahomes he certainly knows how to manage a talented WR corp and get the ball to playmakers accurately.