Tyreek Hill vs Justin Jefferson

Chiefer

Which is the Best?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best?

• Tyreek Hill
    • Justin Jefferson

9 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Take Hill off Miami and Waddle will just pick up some of the slack.

Take JJ off Minnesota and that entire offense comes to a grinding halt.

So Hill is worse than JJ because he has Waddle on his team?

Alternatively, was JJ somehow worse when Theilen was playing at a high level?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chiefer said:

He also has Waddle opening up deep coverages, McDaniel scheming up plays(particularly run plays), and while Tua isn’t Mahomes he certainly knows how to manage a talented WR corp and get the ball to playmakers accurately. 

That's all true. But I think Tyreek being on pace for the greatest season in NFL history after he just left arguably the best offense/QB/offensive coach in the league cements his status as the best receiver in the league. 

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Take Hill off Miami and Waddle will just pick up some of the slack.

Take JJ off Minnesota and that entire offense comes to a grinding halt.

The Dolphins were 25th in ypg/22nd in ppg last season with Tua and Waddle and now they're up to 3rd and 7th. They went from below average to one of the elite units in the league. 

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

So Hill is worse than JJ because he has Waddle on his team?

Alternatively, was JJ somehow worse when Theilen was playing at a high level?

Even without Jefferson the Vikings would still have Cook, Thielen, and Hockenson. They were a playoff team with a top 10 offense the year before they drafted Jefferson.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, they did have Diggs that season.

That's true but the Vikings offense had already shown that it could support a top tier receiving option and he was able to step into that role with a very productive QB from day one. The Dolphins passing offense before Tyreek was average at best with Tua and Waddle, who has proven to be an elite WR in his own right. Waddle's on pace to have more yards on half the receptions in half the games. 

Not taking anything away from Jefferson, he's amazing. But for me personally it's just difficult to say that he's not the best WR in football considering most WR's that switch teams see a dip in production while he's producing at a historic rate and has elevated them from below average to elite. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The Dolphins were 25th in ypg/22nd in ppg last season with Tua and Waddle and now they're up to 3rd and 7th. They went from below average to one of the elite units in the league. 

They also have a new coach.

Tyreek is faster.

Justin Jefferson is a better player.

36 minutes ago, biggie. said:

They also have a new coach.

Tyreek is faster.

Justin Jefferson is a better player.

The new coach definitely helps but I think it's safe to say that the main reason they went from below average to elite is because of Tyreek, the dude that's currently on pace to have the greatest season in NFL history. Production doesn't even tell the whole story either because as you said JJ has played in a worse offense, thus more opportunities, while Hill has played with another All-Pro target hog in KC and Miami.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The new coach definitely helps but I think it's safe to say that the main reason they went from below average to elite is because of Tyreek, the dude that's currently on pace to have the greatest season in NFL history. Production doesn't even tell the whole story either because as you said JJ has played in a worse offense, thus more opportunities, while Hill has played with another All-Pro target hog in KC and Miami.

Sorry to be that guy, but Jefferson is on pace for a better season. He's just played 1 less game because of the Bye.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Sorry to be that guy, but Jefferson is on pace for a better season. He's just played 1 less game because of the Bye.

That's true I didn't even realize it, lol. Well they're both on pace to have the best season in NFL history this year. 

I agree with what most have said though, Jefferson is probably a better "WR" and Tyreek is a better "weapon."

On 11/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, Chiefer said:

One Guy leads the league in receiving, the other is regularly the best player on the field for both teams.

Which one is the Best Receiver in the league?

On 11/15/2022 at 12:06 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Jefferson is a better, more skillful wide receiver but Hill is more impactful and a more dangerous weapon.

So lets say this. 

Right now with a clean roster who would you rather have? Lets take out of it. 

Which WR gives you a better chance of winning regardless of who the roster is...

My take: 

Tyreek Hill shares a rare talent with Keenan Allen to get open quickly, stop, turn, allow a defender to draw a bead on him, catch the ball, magically avoid the easy tackle, and wind up in the end zone rather than in a Stryker frame.  Hill can make QBs far worse than Mahomes and Tua look good while making defenders look really, really bad, especially after the catch.

Justin Jefferson is the ultimate deep moving target, requiring an accurate strong armed QB with a high Average Depth of Target, a thrower at least as good as Kirk Cousins, and would profit from an even better one.  Hill may be faster but Jefferson makes defenders look like they are wading hip deep in jello before the catch.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

So lets say this. 

Right now with a clean roster who would you rather have? Lets take out of it. 

Which WR gives you a better chance of winning regardless of who the roster is...

Clean roster, everything into account: Jefferson because he’s 5 years younger, on a cheaper deal, and will likely age better.

Clean roster for just one season, or without taking age/contract into account: Hill, better weapon.

Better chance to win: Hill, better weapon.

Who I would want on a GWD with 2:00 on the clock and no timeouts: Jefferson.

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Clean roster, everything into account: Jefferson because he’s 5 years younger, on a cheaper deal, and will likely age better.

Clean roster for just one season, or without taking age/contract into account: Hill, better weapon.

Better chance to win: Hill, better weapon.

Who I would want on a GWD with 2:00 on the clock and no timeouts: Jefferson.

This is pretty much perfectly stated.