Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

So would you agree then its not our D is playing good, they never have been. not even remotely close to playing good. 
For talent level on our D, they are serviceable at times sure.. as theyve made some stops.  No one expected them to be great.
They are playing to their expected level, which is bottom 5 talent, so bottom 5 D.

I’ve always said our defense is average you and others say it’s garbage.

considering the lack of $ / resources allocated to the defense makes it even more impressive Imo. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ve always said our defense is average you and others say it’s garbage.

considering the lack of $ / resources allocated to the defense makes it even more impressive Imo. 

So I ask, do you mean average bacause of their talent level? 
or just league average? 

-
Because if league average, then please dont bring up the roster, when I ask why they are given a free pass for tiring out? No other team gets a free pass. 
-
If we were average yes id be very impressed with PG. But we are bottom 5 in so many stats. 
What do you find average? our what 10 sacks?

52 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

So I ask, do you mean average bacause of their talent level? 
or just league average? 

-
Because if league average, then please dont bring up the roster, when I ask why they are given a free pass for tiring out? No other team gets a free pass. 
-
If we were average yes id be very impressed with PG. But we are bottom 5 in so many stats. 
What do you find average? our what 10 sacks?

Both our starting lbs are out, best cb out, starting safety traded. We running with ps guys what do you really expect ?

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Both our starting lbs are out, best cb out, starting safety traded. We running with ps guys what do you really expect ?

And yet we are no worse on defense than we were when they were in.....

Because it's not the players, it's the coach and his inability to coach. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

lol... if anything, this shows that it is EMPHATICALLY the players. 

When your starters are no better than your backups, you have a talent problem.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We were doing a lot better until Hobbs got hurt

im a Gus guy off top

Idk anymore but it does seem like this coaching staff won’t adjust to play to the current rosters strengths. Imo that = bad coaching. If you’re a good coach you can adjust

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... if anything, this shows that it is EMPHATICALLY the players. 

When your starters are no better than your backups, you have a talent problem.

Yea you can def look at it that way similar production with so many missing pieces = coaches doing a good job keeping the def from falling apart. I’m waiting for that 30-40 burger game the defense will allow eventually but we stay in the 24-25 point range. 

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok, we have a rotating Oline, best TE out, slot WR out. We running with ps guys on the oline what do you really expect? 
See how it can go both ways? 

Also, I said, if you want to say they are playing average for their talent level im fine with that. 
But league average, and average for their talent level are very different things. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea you can def look at it that way similar production with so many missing pieces = coaches doing a good job keeping the def from falling apart. I’m waiting for that 30-40 burger game the defense will allow eventually but we stay in the 24-25 point range. 

They have done a good job of limiting the big plays too. Which keeps scoring down in the game. . . but at same time limits our O scoring. 
Giving up long drives on D hurts your O.
It is why they always say, the best way to beat a good O, is to keep them off the field. 
Essentially, say KC D, if they are on the field for an 8 min drive, youve just taken away a chance for Mahommes to score. 

18 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ok, we have a rotating Oline, best TE out, slot WR out. We running with ps guys on the oline what do you really expect? 
See how it can go both ways? 

Also, I said, if you want to say they are playing average for their talent level im fine with that. 
But league average, and average for their talent level are very different things. 

Adams, carr, foster, jj, Miller healthy really you think that’s equivalent?

jmd hand selected that oline who is also still healthy

Agree to disagree 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Adams, carr, foster, jj, Miller healthy really you think that’s equivalent?

jmd hand selected that oline who is also still healthy

Agree to disagree 

no I had high expectations of our O. I really thought theyd be putting up top 5 numbers in the league. 
They have more talent, but have also had more impactful injuries. Waller hurt is bigger injury than anyone on the D minus Crosby, same with Renfrow. 

I had very low expectations of our D. Thought theyd maybe break out of bottom 5. 

Our O, while wayyyy below my expectations, is still playing better than our D (outside of NO game), just season as a whole. 
-

I have been very vocal about spending FA and the draft on the D, as they are clearly worse. 
If you think the O has been worse, it seems like youd want to go O focused in FA and the draft. 

28 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

They have done a good job of limiting the big plays too. Which keeps scoring down in the game. . . but at same time limits our O scoring. 
Giving up long drives on D hurts your O.
It is why they always say, the best way to beat a good O, is to keep them off the field. 
Essentially, say KC D, if they are on the field for an 8 min drive, youve just taken away a chance for Mahommes to score. 

We’re also not that good on 3rd downs on offense 

• Like 1

This argument is hilarious. Both the offense and defense have problems. They both are to blame for this season because the roster was never as good as people lead themselves to believe. 

Both sides of the ball need retooled. There are some pieces, but they need an influx of talent and depth at most positions. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

no I had high expectations of our O. I really thought theyd be putting up top 5 numbers in the league. 
They have more talent, but have also had more impactful injuries. Waller hurt is bigger injury than anyone on the D minus Crosby, same with Renfrow. 

I had very low expectations of our D. Thought theyd maybe break out of bottom 5. 

Our O, while wayyyy below my expectations, is still playing better than our D (outside of NO game), just season as a whole. 
-

I have been very vocal about spending FA and the draft on the D, as they are clearly worse. 
If you think the O has been worse, it seems like youd want to go O focused in FA and the draft. 

Interesting equivalent 

Adams = maxx

Miller = chandler 

jj = rock ya sin 

foster = Harmon 

carr = ?