Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

If you do not understand that this win is meaningless for the team if we do not build upon it and has nothing to do with being for or against Carr you clearly have not paid attention to this forum.  I have been arguing with @Frankie2Gunz for years about Carr and this is something we both agree on and it is purely about the team.  Stop trying to find an agenda.  We would rather have a top 3 pick then a pick in the 5-10 range.  We either get top players or we can trade down and pick a lot of other picks for a team that wants a top player.

No, I'm fully aware that winning games makes you draft in a lower position. And yes, I think I've paid quite a lot of attention bc almost everyone who wants to lose is anti-Carr. Coincidence?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Man crush?  Give me a break.  Show me a legit upgrade and I'll take it.  Your idiotic suggestions over the last few seasons have been absurd but I am not surprised after seeing so many of your posts that are clearly lacking an average understanding of the game you claim to be such a fan of. 

You were one of the stooges wanting to mortgage 3 to 4 1st round picks for Russ LOL  That take hasn't aged well like so many of your posts. 

Cmon guys lets not directly attack other posters.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

If you do not understand that this win is meaningless for the team if we do not build upon it and has nothing to do with being for or against Carr you clearly have not paid attention to this forum.  I have been arguing with @Frankie2Gunz for years about Carr and this is something we both agree on and it is purely about the team.  Stop trying to find an agenda.  We would rather have a top 3 pick then a pick in the 5-10 range.  We either get top players or we can trade down and pick a lot of other picks for a team that wants a top player.

Exactly. He’s creating this “personal agenda” in his head when it has nothing to do with it. We are all big fans, Frankie included, that realize a Top 3-4 pick is HUGE for this teams success. We lost out on Bosa by winning a pointless game. Are we going to lose out on a potential dominant QB and Will Anderson by winning a few pointless games? Then we have the same problem as always, we are not in range to draft a superstar, and stuck as a middling .500 team as always. You need to finish with a Bottom 3-4 record sometimes to get that superstar. 

We are thinking about the TEAM. The one thinking about pointless wins is actually the SELFISH one, wanting instant gratification and satisfaction for their fandom, even though there is zero benefit. 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

No, I'm fully aware that winning games makes you draft in a lower position. And yes, I think I've paid quite a lot of attention bc almost everyone who wants to lose is anti-Carr. Coincidence?

Most of the board has started rooting for a high draft pick.  It is the only way we feel we can improve the team next year because we are limited cap wise.  There are a few elite players in this draft.  I want to get one or trade out and get a lot of picks for a team that wants one.  I believe that is what most want.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Left tackle out. Waller and Renfrow out. Carr and Adams put on a great performance against Surtain and the #1 defense, despite clown penalties all game long. 

I swear this team is infuriating this year. We can practically beat KC and put up a game like this, .....but we're 2-7 going into the game and our offensive genius looks paltry most of the time. Like .... Pick a direction already!! I either want to suck and move on from Carr and get a premium QB or show us how great we can be so I can believe in next year. I hate this whole mediocre middle thing, jeckel and Hyde crap. 

• Like 2

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Most of the board has started rooting for a high draft pick.  It is the only way we feel we can improve the team next year because we are limited cap wise.  There are a few elite players in this draft.  I want to get one or trade out and get a lot of picks for a team that wants one.  I believe that is what most want.  

We can improve many different ways plus we have no clue how McDaniels is going to utilize picks. Will he take a page out of Bill's playbook and trade down often to accumulate and get as many second day picks as possible? We don't know. What we DO know is that we have a ton of holes on this team, mainly in the trenches. Getting a new top QB doesn't fix that. This is not me being pro Carr either. I couldn't care less if he's our guy next year or not. I do know that winning games helps a teams morale and can go a long way for a team that was just in the playoffs last season. Will that help this season? No, we're done, but the effect it could have in the future can help in many ways. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This. Wanting to secure a Top 4 draft pick has absolutely nothing to do with how posters feel about Carr. To insinuate otherwise is simply being disagreeable for the sake of argument. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I swear this team is infuriating this year. We can practically beat KC and put up a game like this, .....but we're 2-7 going into the game and our offensive genius looks paltry most of the time. Like .... Pick a direction already!! I either want to suck and move on from Carr and get a premium QB or show us how great we can be so I can believe in next year. I hate this whole mediocre middle thing, jeckel and Hyde crap. 

The easiest way would be to. build a sustainable foundation for success through good drafting. It's hard to get the premium top end guys we have. That's why Ziegler traded for Adams and extended our stars. Now it's time to draft good depth and build up the trenches like any well run team does.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This. Wanting to secure a Top 4 draft pick has absolutely nothing to do with how posters feel about Carr. To insinuate otherwise is simply being disagreeable for the sake of argument. 

I agree, but i also want this team to move in a positive direction as well. Hopefully both happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Take a look at those who want to lose and their feelings towards Carr. It's nothing more than an observation 

• Like 1