Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

Not a pretty game for sure but one thing that pleased me is that after the first, awful drive given up the Defence knuckled down and generated a little bit of pressure, got a few stops and didn't make the Broncos offence look awesome. They weren't great but they did what they should which is give the offence a chance and keep Denver to 16 points. Especially pleasing in that the offence finally took their chance, great that our high value players produced when needed.

Lots of work to do but it's amazing in sport what a bit of confidence can do. McDaniels was far from perfect but the calls in Overtime were ballsy and great, plus they were well executed. I console myself that at least our issues are pretty obvious and we should know what to fix. We should have two brightly neon lit needs heading into FA and the draft Oline and Dline help. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah, I think people are confused with being bad vs losing.  Yesterday was the first one score game we have won this year.  That puts us at 1-6 on the year.  If we had only won 2 or 3 more of those, how different would the narrative be at 5-5 or 6-4?

Depends on if one is watching the on-field game or box score scouting. 

At 5-5 or 6-4 or even 7-3, I'm still hammering the table to fire Patrick Graham and I'm looking very skeptically at McDaniels, because the product has not been what could be called "good". 

Heck, we could have won 13 this year and it would've been one of those "worst 13 win teams ever" type of seasons. It's precisely why I'm worried about McDaniels going forward- we can beat bad teams (barely), and maybe we luck into some more wins. But if we're not actually good, what does it accomplish other than lower draft picks? 

I didn't think we looked appreciably better yesterday than we did on October 2nd. Frankly, it could be argued we looked a little worse- which is troubling despite the win. 

It's one of those "we don't look good in victory and we don't look good in defeat" situations.

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

At 5-5 or 6-4 or even 7-3, I'm still hammering the table to fire Patrick Graham and I'm looking very skeptically at McDaniels, because the product has not been what could be called "good". 

Heck, we could have won 13 this year and it would've been one of those "worst 13 win teams ever" type of seasons. It's precisely why I'm worried about McDaniels going forward- we can beat bad teams (barely), and maybe we luck into some more wins. But if we're not actually good, what does it accomplish other than lower draft picks? 

I didn't think we looked appreciably better yesterday than we did on October 2nd. Frankly, it could be argued we looked a little worse- which is troubling despite the win. 

It's one of those "we don't look good in victory and we don't look good in defeat" situations.

The offense is good as it is without a reliable Oline. That is an endorsement for McDaniels. Denver's defense has been elite all season. Only team to score 20+ on the is the Raiders (twice). And they were missing Waller, Renfrow and Miller. 

The offense moved the ball. Carr had 300, Jacobs 150 all purpose. Adams  140. Give credit where credit is due.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Not gonna lie I noticed that to. I went back to our draft post from the year we drafted ferrell, there is quite a few people who misrepresent how they felt about ferrell at draft time. 

Cle made a difference yesterday 

he offers more than chandler, bowers and koonce

it was nice that jmd took him and the other idl off of punishment

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The offense is good as it is without a reliable Oline. That is an endorsement for McDaniels. Denver's defense has been elite all season. Only team to score 20+ on the is the Raiders (twice). And they were missing Waller, Renfrow and Miller. 

The offense moved the ball. Carr had 300, Jacobs 150 all purpose. Adams  140. Give credit where credit is due.

Doesn’t this result push some skeptics including myself to run it back next year with DC4. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Doesn’t this result push some skeptics including myself to run it back next year with DC4. 

Perhaps. I think you run it back regardless. I don't see them finishing with a top 2 pick for a QB anyway. 

For me, it's more a positive for McDaniels. He can call and offense. And he did well yesterday to stay on schedule and didn't call any tricky plays, etc. shows progress. And liked Carr's post game comments about them getting together and deciding what had to happen to win it. What routes they could dial up and how to attack late.

If Stroud or Young fall into your lap, you take them. Figure Carr out from there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

A win is a win. Fortunately, Denver passed it on 3rd down or else it was most likely another loss. Dude Hackett is a bum beyond belief. Be grateful we aren’t saddled with him. A coach fraternity hire gone wrong

this is the first post ive seen from you that didnt involve Carr in a long time. 

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Cle made a difference yesterday 

he offers more than chandler, bowers and koonce

it was nice that jmd took him and the other idl off of punishment

Wouldnt mind Ferrell back as a rotational piece, at a fraction of his current salary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

The defense is bad statistically, but they've made stops when needed.  The offense is pretty good statistically, even with all the guys they're missing.

None of that spells good team of course.  However, we have been competitive in every game this season, except for one where lots of guys were sick and it showed.

You dislike McDaniels and Graham, that's fine and we get it.  Same for those that dislike Carr.  Vote tallied, no need to keep yellin' about it.

Most teams in the NFL are in the exact same boat.  You can poke holes in every single team and say they're just beating a bunch of bad teams and maybe one or two good ones.  That's all this is every year. College and Pro alike.

It's about being competitive and finding a way to pull out as many wins as possible and then getting hot at the end of the year.  Most championship teams still don't dominate all season long and even lose to a stinker now and then.

Even the worst team in the league, Texans, are a competitive team and tough out.  Oddly we beat them by the biggest margin, 18, that they've lost by all season. Go figure.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

No problem, the Ferrell draft day thread is an interesting read 😉

Nice to see Ferrell out there, I honestly feel like he has been a bit of a forgotten player and maybe not had a fair shake of the stick. I’m thinking he could do what Chandler Jones is doing at the very least, Ferrell isn’t explosive or bendy but Chandler seems to have lost a lot of explosion too. I’d like to see what he could do for a couple games opposite Crosby. Ziegler credited Jones with setting the edge and some good run defence and we know that is Ferrell’s strongest suit.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, true2form said:

The defense is bad statistically, but they've made stops when needed.  The offense is pretty good statistically, even with all the guys they're missing.

None of that spells good team of course.  However, we have been competitive in every game this season, except for one where lots of guys were sick and it showed.

You dislike McDaniels and Graham, that's fine and we get it.  Same for those that dislike Carr.  Vote tallied, no need to keep yellin' about it.

Most teams in the NFL are in the exact same boat.  You can poke holes in every single team and say they're just beating a bunch of bad teams and maybe one or two good ones.  That's all this is every year. College and Pro alike.

It's about being competitive and finding a way to pull out as many wins as possible and then getting hot at the end of the year.  Most championship teams still don't dominate all season long and even lose to a stinker now and then.

Even the worst team in the league, Texans, are a competitive team and tough out.  Oddly we beat them by the biggest margin, 18, that they've lost by all season. Go figure.  

"If we had only won 2 or 3 more of those, how different would the narrative be at 5-5 or 6-4?"- True2Form in last post. 

So you ask a question and then tell people to stop yelling their answer to said question because you don't like the answer? Then don't ask it.