Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

If I read one more stupid argument about QBs and record I am going to lose it.  Nobody believes that wins and loses are solely the reasonability of the QB and nobody should argue that the single most important position on the field is generally the QB.  There is a spectrum and we all understand that.  Week 1 this year we can give most of the blame to Carr but against the Chiefs that would be stupid.  The same can be said in wins.  Although he has not carried the team to any wins this year he did play really good against the Broncos this week and deserves a lot of credit but added very little against the Broncos in week 4.

Just because someone says they believe the QB deserves to have the W/L record tied to their name does not mean they believe they are the only factor.  Just they believe they are the most important factor.  Same for people that claim it should be a team stat.  QB is still on average the most important player.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

If I read one more stupid argument about QBs and record I am going to lose it.  Nobody believes that wins and loses are solely the reasonability of the QB and nobody should argue that the single most important position on the field is generally the QB.  There is a spectrum and we all understand that.  Week 1 this year we can give most of the blame to Carr but against the Chiefs that would be stupid.  The same can be said in wins.  Although he has not carried the team to any wins this year he did play really good against the Broncos this week and deserves a lot of credit but added very little against the Broncos in week 4.

Just because someone says they believe the QB deserves to have the W/L record tied to their name does not mean they believe they are the only factor.  Just they believe they are the most important factor.  Same for people that claim it should be a team stat.  QB is still on average the most important player.

95% of the forum agrees with this take.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2022 at 9:11 AM, BackinBlack said:

Yeah but hes played through injuries for us every year. 
He is a gamer who wants to be on the field IMO. 
Even with our brutal Oline, he has still had some bigger wholes this year, and I think for once isnt bottom in the league in yards before contact, for a 'slow' RB, its even more important to give him time to get feet moving. 

But yes, Ill agree, im sure its in the back of his head. 
When i said, a contract year situation, I meant it more as, I dont think he is the type of player who would sign and not give his all the following year 

I agree, he doesn’t seem like that guy. He seems like a runner who enjoys playing, contact and running people over. All I’m saying is he’s definitely making an effort to stay on the field 100% and shake any injury rep he might have with pro front offices. 

• Like 1