Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

10 hours ago, G said:

Ahhh our record proves it goes both ways. I'd sprinkle in the coaching too though for not holding leads and just a complete mess all around.

Off topic: 2022 has been a crazy year. Covid restrictions ending, Mom getting 3-6 months to live early Feb (still alive but quality of life is gone) Barely watching any football and work doing things to piss me off and me calling out the CEO late 2021 (exemption) me calling out our new VP on how bad the company is run (hope he fixes it but...) Loved my job (how am I not fired?!?)lol  but I see a weakness in LEADERSHIP all over the US in so many industries. Personal responsibility needs to come back as passing the buck and trophies for all isn't WORKING! 

Oh...Go Raiders lol  😃

Sorry to hear this man, nothing more important than Family. I feel for you and your family, best of luck going forward. 

Nothing worse then trying to relax on a sunday by watching football, and being a Raider fan. Anything but relaxing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

That dude was a BEAST. So surprised he couldn't turn his physical ability into something, anything. 

It was a classic Al Davis pick. Huge HWS guy.  I remember all the mock drafts were having us select him due to Al Davis wanting the best athletes 

Get the best athlete and teach him football. May of worked in the 70s or 80s, but in 2000s not so much

11 hours ago, G said:

Ahhh our record proves it goes both ways. I'd sprinkle in the coaching too though for not holding leads and just a complete mess all around.

Off topic: 2022 has been a crazy year. Covid restrictions ending, Mom getting 3-6 months to live early Feb (still alive but quality of life is gone) Barely watching any football and work doing things to piss me off and me calling out the CEO late 2021 (exemption) me calling out our new VP on how bad the company is run (hope he fixes it but...) Loved my job (how am I not fired?!?)lol  but I see a weakness in LEADERSHIP all over the US in so many industries. Personal responsibility needs to come back as passing the buck and trophies for all isn't WORKING! 

Oh...Go Raiders lol  😃

Sorry to hear that man. I lost my Mom to breast cancer in April. Praying you and your fam

• Like 1

while I agree our O needs to play better; this shows what Ive been trying to say
Points per game- 14th
Drives per game- 32nd
Points per drive- 9th
Avg field position- 30th
Time per drive- 1st
3rd down%- 22nd
RZ TD%- 22nd
Offensive Turnovers- 7, Tied best

We dont get enough chances in a game, because our D cannot get off the field. 
Need to obviously clean up 3rd and RZ O, this has been true for what 5 years minimum haha. 

When you have the lowest number of drives per game, it is not a good recipe for scoring a lot. 

On the flip, we have long drives to give our D time to rest. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 2

I liked Rey Rey, definitely. I’ve always touted the islanders. They’re just bad mofos, anybody who could canoe around the pacific to go to war gets my respect. Lol. I didn’t hate dhb, but would never have advocated taking him at 7.....ever. Passing up crabs pissed me off so bad. And that’s what I posted back then, if AD had his heart set on dhb, then trade back. But AD never traded down. Hindsight being 20/20 obviously dhb wasn’t even worth a third. But at least we’d have had extra picks..... to waste that is. 4 yrs, 4 bad nicknames....jawalrus, mcfragile, Darius heyward stone hands and slowlando. Jeez. SMH. Btw, I’m goin Denver 28-17. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

while I agree our O needs to play better; this shows what Ive been trying to say
Points per game- 14th
Drives per game- 32nd
Points per drive- 9th
Avg field position- 30th
Time per drive- 1st
3rd down%- 22nd
RZ TD%- 22nd
Offensive Turnovers- 7, Tied best

We dont get enough chances in a game, because our D cannot get off the field. 
Need to obviously clean up 3rd and RZ O, this has been true for what 5 years minimum haha. 

When you have the lowest number of drives per game, it is not a good recipe for scoring a lot. 

On the flip, we have long drives to give our D time to rest. 

You rag on the defense so much lol take away the defensive tds and we’re 23rd in points per game.

but you’ll be happy cause the def is just going to get worse. Everyone tapping out, literally don’t know who’s gonna start from week to week on def.

you think the offense will get better?

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You rag on the defense so much lol take away the defensive tds and we’re 23rd in points per game.

but you’ll be happy cause the def is just going to get worse. Everyone tapping out, literally don’t know who’s gonna start from week to week on def.

you think the offense will get better?

Take away points from every other team lol, how many times do i need to say that LOL. 
Can you understand why what you are doing makes no sense? You are altering our stats, while changing no other teams. Arizona has 5 D/st scores. ...
-
I hope the D and O both get better. 
I have much more faith that the O could get better vs the D.
-
The D has no talent. It needs to be addressed. The D sucks, it needs help. 

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lost in all of this nobody is talking about how the Raiders STs sucks too. Kicker and punter are fantastic. Coverage units have been suspect and they are 30th in average field position. 

I’m sure we were warned about Tom McMahon as well… ugh.

• Like 2

Raiders over Broncos : 27-17 

I’ve seen this movie too many times before. We will come out and somehow manage to play competently, Carr will play well enough to quiet the naysayers, and we will win a meaningless game. This will cost us valuable draft position and  cause us to lose out on potentially franchise changing talent.

Carr’s penchant for winning meaningless games when the lights are off has arguably done just as much damage as Gruden, Mayock, or Reggie. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Take away points from every other team lol, how many times do i need to say that LOL. 
Can you understand why what you are doing makes no sense? You are altering our stats, while changing no other teams. Arizona has 5 D/st scores. ...
-
I hope the D and O both get better. 
I have much more faith that the O could get better vs the D.
-
The D has no talent. It needs to be addressed. The D sucks, it needs help. 

Slow day at work so I actually subtracted def points from every team who actually had that stat.

we ended up a 18th on offense points per game 

Wonder where the def actually would be ranked if I subtract the short field fgs and other points the offensive failures pins on the def

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Slow day at work so I actually subtracted def points from every team who actually had that stat.

we ended up a 18th on offense points per game 

Wonder where the def actually would be ranked if I subtract the short field fgs and other points the offensive failures pins on the def

Oh nice well done, so about average. Little below, but 18/32 is around average.
Our team is built to be better than that no doubt. But losing 2 of the top 4 guys obviously hurts, even still we should be around 12 IMO.

To your last point, I wonder where the O would be ranked if they werent last in possessions, close to last in starting position, last in turnovers 5 (gotta get rid of the 2 returns that we took points away from them on), etc.
They have the least amount of chances per game to score, and the 3rd worst starting position. 

Also, I wonder where our D would be if we werent tied for 1st in fewest give aways? Or having long drives, or yards per drive etc

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1