Week 11: NY Jets vs NE Pats

Bobby816

REVENGE is all I can say for this one. We know we should've won that 1st matchup. And bc we lost... I expect us to be up for this one BIG TIME. This isn't a must win, but it's about as close as it can get at Week 11. There's a big difference for us if we win or lose (literally 1st to possibly 4th in the division). Furthermore... we win and we're a top team in the AFC. So that's what's at stake standings wise.

Now to the field...

On defense, just play like we can. Their WRs cant hurt us, so stack the box. Stevenson is the only thing IMO we need to worry about. If they start moving the ball in other ways than him, adjust. But make stopping him the priority. I think if we game plan for that. We can do that. Our defense is vastly superior to their offense.

On offense... we know what needs to happen. Run the ball and not turn the ball over. Zach doesn't throw those INTs against NE a few weeks ago and we win that game. He knows that and so does the staff. But lets be real... NE knows this as well. So I expect them to do everything they can to take the run away from us and force Wilson to win with his arm. Before that late 1st half INT that changed the game (pick 6 after taken away as well). Wilson was actually slinging the ball around pretty darn well. Garrett nearly had over 100 before the half. But those throw aways and forcing the ball situations cant happen. Still unsure if we're getting Davis back for this one. But Garrett and the TEs can be the focal point in the game if he's not. Conklin (while some in garbage time) had a good day against them (75yds 2tds).

The big thing that hurt us against them was field position. The INTs and some poor ST play killed us against them. The defense was actually great against them to even keep us in it. I don't expect us to have an awful ST day again or to have 3 INTs. So I see a win in this one at Foxboro.

Prediction

NYJ: 27

NE: 20

I can't wait for this game. i think it is the game of the week. I love it how I'm 5 rows off the field too. I think the Jets step up BIG time here. This is the game where Zach starts to prove he can lead this team. I think JRob breaks one for like 40 plus yard TD run too. Zach will throw the ball well in this game. I think he gets 2 TD's  to 0 INTS. Mac Jones has a bad game and Zappe comes out to start the second half. The Jets get to him fast and he has no place to go.

Jets 27

Pats 10

I don't think this game will be that close and the Pats fans are very mad about this season. 

BB is going to muck this game up as best he can but we actually love those games too.  As long as Zack plays his game we win.  Not sure they consistently drive the length of the field on us so I expect low scoring.  Win the trenches win the game.

Jets - 16

Pats - 13

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd imagine we call up one of them.

I also am wondering whos starting at RT.

Davis maybe being active too.

Fant is out for sure but Mitchell is practicing.  Honestly if he's healthy enough even coming back rusty probably still better then CO right now.  Hopefully Mitchell is ready to roll.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Fant is out for sure but Mitchell is practicing.  Honestly if he's healthy enough even coming back rusty probably still better then CO right now.  Hopefully Mitchell is ready to roll.

I hope so. But actually Cedric played pretty well against BUF. 100% I want Mitchell out there if he can go. But don't think it's a huge setback if he cant. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One thing I'm looking forward to is Moore in the slot this game. The bye week was the perfect time to make that transition and with the Patriots being a heavy man team him using his quickness underneath and running away from guys should give us a huge spark in the passing game. 

I'd like to say I'm excited to see him there as well.... but not sure that will be the case if Davis can play. 

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One thing I'm looking forward to is Moore in the slot this game. The bye week was the perfect time to make that transition and with the Patriots being a heavy man team him using his quickness underneath and running away from guys should give us a huge spark in the passing game. 

Talks about scratching him though so IDK.  Rumor was they could move Corey to the slot and keep Mims out wide to bolster their run blocking.  Corey would make a good slot option with his ability to crack block on DL/LBs on outside runs.  Plus I think it would help Wilson since he does have a great repour with him and targeting the slot seems to be one of his strengths over throwing out wide.  

I do like having those bigger targets out there with Mims/Wilson (wide), Davis (slot).  Where does that leave Moore then?  Not sure with Berrios being a need and Smith being a special teams ace.  Tough spot to be in when Mims has been a boost to the run game and has even made some tough catches for us and trying to get Moore back on track.

If Davis doesn't play it's easy but when healthy we have too much WR talent and not enough targets.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Talks about scratching him though so IDK.  Rumor was they could move Corey to the slot and keep Mims out wide to bolster their run blocking.  Corey would make a good slot option with his ability to crack block on DL/LBs on outside runs.  Plus I think it would help Wilson since he does have a great repour with him and targeting the slot seems to be one of his strengths over throwing out wide.  

I do like having those bigger targets out there with Mims/Wilson (wide), Davis (slot).  Where does that leave Moore then?  Not sure with Berrios being a need and Smith being a special teams ace.  Tough spot to be in when Mims has been a boost to the run game and has even made some tough catches for us and trying to get Moore back on track.

If Davis doesn't play it's easy but when healthy we have too much WR talent and not enough targets.

Exactly. And being a run 1st team I’m sure with Mims showing he belongs they’d rather have 2 good blockers out there in Davis and Mims rather than Davis and Moore. And Wilson has been too good to really take off the field at all.