9 members have voted

1. 1. Jamo's first game?

• 12/4 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
    • 12/11 vs Minnesota Vikings
    • 12/18 @ New York Jets
    • 12/24 @ Carolina Panthers
    • 1/1 vs Chicago Bears
    • 1/8 @ Green Bay Packers

A couple weeks ago Dan Campbell told the press Jamo was still about a month out.

Looking at our remaining schedule, guess Jamo's debut!!

I like 12/4 at home against the Jags. It's our first game after Thanksgiving. We've got a few extra days of practice time for him to get acclimated. It's a home game. It's not against a juggernaut team. It puts him in that 12th month recovery time. And give him a solid 6 games of the season to feel out the NFL before his first off-season. 

I'm going with a Christmas present against Carolina (although a 12/11 vs the Vikings would be fitting).  I'm still going to say I could see them shelfing him for the season if there is nothing to really play for (playoffs). Let him totally heal up for next season. Fans would hate it, but management could then make sure he is not coming back too early.

Edited by LionArkie

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

I'm going with a Christmas present against Carolina (although a 12/11 vs the Vikings would be fitting).  I'm still going to say I could see them shelfing him for the season if there is nothing to really play for (playoffs). Let him totally heal up for next season. Fans would hate it, but management could then make sure he is not coming back too early.

I hope we don't shelve him just to do it.  if he is healthy, he should play, even if limited snaps to get a taste of the speed, physicality etc before moving to the offseason.  With limited time under contract and age I want him to have the best chance to develop properly and getting game action is the best opportunity IMO to kick off the progression. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I hope we don't shelve him just to do it.  if he is healthy, he should play, even if limited snaps to get a taste of the speed, physicality etc before moving to the offseason.  With limited time under contract and age I want him to have the best chance to develop properly and getting game action is the best opportunity IMO to kick off the progression. 

I couldn't agree more. 

32 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm feeling like he'll be a very late addition. They'll play him the last couple games sparingly to get him accustomed to game speed. If we aren't competing for anything (which is more likely going to be the case) he'll be on a snap count. I picked December 24th.

I could really see this.

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I think maybe they'll activate him for Thanksgiving just for the hype, not actually play him much or at all

I don't think there is any chance he gets activated that fast.  They have been very slow with him returning and won't push it too fast.  Chark at least went through camp with the team and had some rapport built with Goff.  Today will be the first time Goff has thrown a pass to him.  I am guessing he will at best be back for Jacksonville but wouldnt be shocked if they keep him out of that game and bring him back after that.  Paschall practiced for over a week before debuting when returning from his injury. 

At this rate, I'd be expecting a December 11th (Vikings at home) debut. If he's just getting to practice today, he's really going to practice for the first time for just over a week by the Jags game. That seems like a short timeframe after missing OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, etc. 

A matchup against division rival at home with an extra week of practice feels like a more realistic and better option. 

• Like 2