1. 1. Jamo's first game?

• 12/4 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
    • 12/11 vs Minnesota Vikings
    • 12/18 @ New York Jets
    • 12/24 @ Carolina Panthers
    • 1/1 vs Chicago Bears
    • 1/8 @ Green Bay Packers

33 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

At this rate, I'd be expecting a December 11th (Vikings at home) debut. If he's just getting to practice today, he's really going to practice for the first time for just over a week by the Jags game. That seems like a short timeframe after missing OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, etc. 

A matchup against division rival at home with an extra week of practice feels like a more realistic and better option. 

Against the team that basically traded him... what a better time to debut?

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 12:33 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think there is any chance he gets activated that fast.  They have been very slow with him returning and won't push it too fast.  Chark at least went through camp with the team and had some rapport built with Goff.  Today will be the first time Goff has thrown a pass to him.  I am guessing he will at best be back for Jacksonville but wouldnt be shocked if they keep him out of that game and bring him back after that.  Paschall practiced for over a week before debuting when returning from his injury. 

I am so damn excited to see him play for y'all. Dude has been my main fantasy stash all year, he's going to be a baller. 

• Like 1

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/11/jameson-williams-wows-lions-with-speed-at-his-first-practice.html

"He's very, very, very fast" - Jared Goff.

I think this dude is going to really open this offense up.

Someone coming back in meaningful December games. I don't remember the last time I put those two phrases together talking about the Lions.

• Like 1

Look, Campbell hasn't ruled him out for Sunday yet and I know they want to be cautious but this kid is ready. He won't be in game shape until he's in games. And you don't need to throw him out there for 30+ snaps on Sunday. Put him in for 5-10 snaps and just let him run, hear the home crowd, have routes called, get a feel for the speed of the game, etc. Ease him in slowly in the offense but let him get that experience so he knows what to work on this off-season. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Look, Campbell hasn't ruled him out for Sunday yet and I know they want to be cautious but this kid is ready. He won't be in game shape until he's in games. And you don't need to throw him out there for 30+ snaps on Sunday. Put him in for 5-10 snaps and just let him run, hear the home crowd, have routes called, get a feel for the speed of the game, etc. Ease him in slowly in the offense but let him get that experience so he knows what to work on this off-season. 

The real challenge is, do I start him in my fantasy lineup?

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

You do realize he's going to go for like 5 receptions,  120 yards and a TD just because I said not to. 

Or he'll ***** ******* ****** again because I put him in my starting lineup. I can't win.

Edited by LionArkie

He may be talented and fast but he seems rusty even if he won't call it rusty.  Ja'Marr Chase had some issues with drops in his first pre-season after a long layoff following knee surgery/rehabilitation.  That turned out OK.  I am just glad he is getting quality reps.  Personally, I want to see how he does getting in and out of his breaks.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/12/jameson-williams-probably-remains-at-least-a-week-away-despite-superstar-speed.html