2022 GDT Da Steelers 3-6 host Da Bengals 5-4

Steeler Hitman

2020-steelers-vs-bengals.jpg

All Time Series: Steelers lead 68-38-0 

maxresdefault.jpg

Last meeting was an overtime win in Cincinnati that cost the Steelers OLB TJ Watt until last week versus the Saints.

kenny-pickett-rolling-out-1.jpg

Get your swag going KP.  Look, decide, and let her rip or tuck and run. Don't play worrying about making mistakes. Start adding some TD passes to your stat line.  

George-Pickens-2.jpg

Getting the ball to Pickens sooner will result in arms being raised by officials instead of crossed.

1441247461.jpeg

Steelers OL flexed some muscles against the Saints in the ground game. Can we clean up the pass blocking a little?

1272307813.jpg.0.jpg

Joe Burrow will be looking to get some payback against the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

1287103052.jpeg

The secondary will miss Minkah. As we learned with TJ being out next man up isn't always easy.

79836633886fa830a5534fad40167f60

I have to admit that I am Krazy about having Kazee back!!! Good early returns. 

image_806_3_1534141188.jpg

A win here could start to raise expectations again.  You can then go from Mediocre Mike back to Masterful Mike.

Edited by Steeler Hitman
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jebrick said:

They won the last one because the Bengal's long snapper got injured.  I do not have high hopes

I don't have high expectations of a win. However, the Steelers defense dominated in the first match up and the Steelers offense flat out laid an egg. The game should not have been remotely close.  The Steelers offense has been holding the team back.  The poor five minute game management at the end of each half on both sides of the ball has hurt in many games as well. No doubt the Bengals are the better overall team, but sometimes it comes down to match-ups. The Bengals outright spanked the Steelers three straight games before the opening week loss at home to the Steelers.

That said, I would not be surprised if the Steelers won. This is a similar situation as last year, when the Bengals won a game and we expected the Steelers to bounce back and play like a team pissed off after some of the comments made by Bengals players about the Steelers quitting.  The Bengals calmly blasted the Steelers again. The Steelers completely laid an egg and got blown out in every facet of the game. Conversely, the Steelers never blow anyone out anymore, but they may play well whistle to whistle and win in a similar fashion as last week versus the Saints. I would not be surprised either way. I do expect the Steelers to be competitive win or lose. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AFF said:

Obligatory “they need to lose”’ post…creeping near 8 wins for this team would be the worst possible outcome for them going forward.

I didn't want to go there, but I can actually see these guys winning between 4-7 more games.  They could go 7-9 8-9, 9-8 or dare I say even 10-6. I think they should have won the Patriot and Jet games, so they win two they should probably lose to make up for it.  I see a split with the Ravens. I kinda think they upset the Bengals. Panthers, Raiders are games they typically lose, but using the 50/50 formula Jets/Pats win. I see Ravens opening a can of whoop Tail in Baltimore a la the Eagles and Bills. I think the Steelers beat the Browns in the rematch as Kenny opens up for 2023 tossing the rock confidently in the finale. There goes that great top ten draft pick. 

Bengals - - 50/50 Win 1

Colts - - Win 2 (Seem to always play Colts tough) I think Coach T gives Coach Saturday a lesson. The Colts coaching jump start should be worn off by then.

Falcons - - Win 3 (Falcons tough, but could win like Saints. The Steelers typically play Falcons tough)

Ravens - - Win 4 (barely win momentum builder. Have been tough on Ravens lately)50/50

Panthers - - Win 5 (barely win, but most Steelers wins are ugly wins) 50/50

Raiders - - Win 6 (ugly win Raiders always play Steelers tough. I could see them losing also)50/50

Ravens - - Loss (Back to reality) Ravens win big

Browns - - 7 Win (Revenge win) 

A pessimistic 7-9 and a overly optimistic 10-6 and talk of Masterful, Magical Mike. 

I think the Steelers win one more game.  Perhaps the Raiders or Panthers. 

Colts defense is very good and their running game will give the Steelers fits.

I do not see them beating Ravens or Browns due to the Steeler offense.

If they get 7 wins it should be accounted as some of Tomlin's finest coaching

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think we have shot since watt is back now. our pass rush can destroy them like it did in week 1 and they're missing chase this time. if the offense can do anything we can win this...I'm still gonna give the edge to the bengals

IIRC they are pretty banged up in the secondary right now which should help

17 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder what Leal's future looks like? Is he an EDGE guy? Does he bulk up and play 5-tech? Subpackage interior rusher?

The way they are doing this defense, he, and any other Dlinemen, are interior DTs who play 2 gap and can rush the passer.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

There's a lot of praise going around twitter for this journalist asking Tomlin a "tough" question....and I can show you a bunch of rubs who are making something out of what actually is a dumb question.

Want an actual tough question?

"Kenny has taken a lot of hits lately especially late in the play and outside the pocket.  Is this a product of Kenny holding the ball or leaving the pocket too soon, receivers not getting open, or plays taking too long to develop?"

That question that got asked got the pimp slap type response it deserved.  Kudos to Tomlin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

can the way Kenny plays in the pocket get fixed? Tom Brady ability to play in the pocket despite being a statue is one of the reasons he was so good. I wonder if that's something that comes naturally or can also be taught

It's both.  You can see he can feel the pocket.  He moves when he needs too.  The issue at the moment is his instinct is to go back and sideways (like every NCAA QB seems to do these days), rather than climb the pocket, then go along the LOS.  There was a play I pointed out where Dodson got beat, Kenny started to avoid the rush at the right time, but spun to the left into the pressure of a 2 blockers/2rushers situation rather than side step to his right, climb the pocket to his right where he had 3 blockers/2 rushers.  If you look at Hurts year 1 to Hurts this year he made a similar change to his game.  Tannehill did it before leaving Miami.  Even Ben made that change.

• Like 2