Week 11: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Shanny will need to smarten up with him then. He had a whole offseason and still constantly ran him up the middle which was an injury waiting to happen, so he'll probably do it again in 2023. I don't want to watch Tyrod Taylor start 14 games next season 

The running and designed runs isn't really an issue. Every running QB in the league gets runs called up for them, including QB power and QB dives. 

I want that stuff to stop being called because I don't think it's very effective. I don't know that Lance is a high quality runner and those plays consistently picked up like 3 yards. It was like watching the old Greg Roman jumbo package in terms of its ineffectiveness. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd say Lance is the big favorite to be the starting QB next season with Brady having an outside chance. The Jimmy experience is going to end unless the team wins the Super Bowl. 

The team wins the super bowl and Jimmy is a key component in doing so. If we win it, but we do so in spite of him or outside of him (such as the green bay game in 2019), then I don't think winning really matters. It just kind of confirms what everyone was thinking about him and the team got a little fortunate. 

If the 49ers win the super bowl and Jimmy is really good in the playoffs? Then it becomes pretty interesting (though ultimately I think still leads to him not being back because at that point if you're Jimmy, you 100% want to hit that market lol) 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The team wins the super bowl and Jimmy is a key component in doing so. If we win it, but we do so in spite of him or outside of him (such as the green bay game in 2019), then I don't think winning really matters. It just kind of confirms what everyone was thinking about him and the team got a little fortunate. 

If the 49ers win the super bowl and Jimmy is really good in the playoffs? Then it becomes pretty interesting (though ultimately I think still leads to him not being back because at that point if you're Jimmy, you 100% want to hit that market lol) 

Yeah. And if you're going to do the Joe Flacco with Jimmy, the problem is that his success would have come with a hellaciously talented group of skill players and a tremendously expensive offense as a whole. So you'd end up with choices on keeping the talent that allowed him to be successful or keeping Jimmy (although Jimmy's been better independent of surrounding talent this year, the problem with Jimmy still is that he is tremendous when not pressured and nearly unplayable when pressured; we've been lucky to play a bunch of teams that stink at affecting the passer in a row). Like, there's a whole pro bowl team of skill position players on offense and Trent Williams. Aaron Banks has been an average starting guard and McGlinchey is on the lower side of average and Burford and Brendel have been downright bad. So it's a loaded group that could be loaded because Lance is on a rookie contract and Jimmy agreed to a very large contract draw-down. Jimmy on a cheap contract is awesome! Perhaps more awesome for this team that a bunch of other average quarterbacks because of his distinct skills. But a lot of average quarterbacks are awesome on unsustainably cheap contracts. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

A team with clear holes in the interior of the DL and doing everything they can to help shore it up for the playoffs. I'm looking at you John and Kyle to do something similar! 

Ooof. I would love a middle of a DLine guy. I thiiink that I would love non-Deommodore Lenoir matched up outside more. If we were living in happy town. But interior defensive line help is a lot cheaper to fix, so I get it.

Just now, JIllg said:

Ooof. I would love a middle of a DLine guy. I thiiink that I would love non-Deommodore Lenoir matched up outside more. If we were living in happy town. But interior defensive line help is a lot cheaper to fix, so I get it.

I mean there are available DL at least that you can add from the street that can give you something but not sure there is a CB that can come in and start...Unless you are looking for someone like Josh Norman LOL.

This week should be interesting to say the least and I wonder if the team ends up giving Thomas a chance if Lenoir gets cooked for consecutive games? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

A team with clear holes in the interior of the DL and doing everything they can to help shore it up for the playoffs. I'm looking at you John and Kyle to do something similar! 

When I saw the Linval Joseph signing I thought the same thing. Like, okay, the #1 team in the NFC just plucked a team off the street to fix a problem...how have we not made a move yet? 

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

The corner market is pretty interesting because there are some "guys" still out there. Not sure how well just bringing a guy off the streets does though. I think you can do that on the defensive front and just limit their snaps, but I think corners like really, really need to get into a place where they can play 

Just now, Forge said:

FFS 

With Jordan Davis returning soon. So remember the so called weakness they have inside stopping the run? Yeah, that's no longer a weakness any longer LOL.

I wish we would have signed Suh. Would have made me feel soooo much better for if we had to face off against Minny, PHI or DAL in the postseason. 

Oh well, I guess we are banking on BOTH Armstead and Kinlaw to get healthy and more importantly, STAY healthy. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

When I saw the Linval Joseph signing I thought the same thing. Like, okay, the #1 team in the NFC just plucked a team off the street to fix a problem...how have we not made a move yet? 

Because we are trying to get OBJ, I mean of course we need more receivers, not dline. 🙄….😭

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Because we are trying to get OBJ, I mean of course we need more receivers, not dline. 🙄….😭

Honestly, I don't think that is a real thing. Nothing more than GM talk. 

We can't handle the weapons we have, no idea why we would add another (or why he would come to the 49ers given the wealth of weapons) 

• Like 2