Week 11: Titans @ Packers

TitanLegend

No medicine is better for a heavily injured team than a short week trip to Green Bay to play the back to back defending MVP who this past Sunday finally looked like his usual self for maybe the first time all season.

Fortunately for the Titans, this is another game where they get paired up against a porous run defense. The Packers have allowed the 5th most rushing yards this season, and are the 6th worst in yards per carry allowed at 4.8. Play action is always a huge part of the Titans passing game, but will likely be even more so key here to get the edge on one of the best pass defenses in the NFL, with the Packers allowing the 5th least passing yards this season and holding opposing QBs to a really solid 6.4 yards per attempt.

Given the potential mismatch against their run defense, would be an unfortunate game to be missing Ben Jones for, but that's a real possibility with him dealing with a concussion.

Hopefully some combo if not all of Dupree, Simmons, Long and Fulton can be ready for the game. If Rodgers is coming back in to form, will be hard to manage a win without them.

man...i don't often say stuff like this about officiating, but primetime at lambeau means it's all but guaranteed we'll get some incredible home cooking from the packers refs. plus with how banged up we are, the packers offense finally rounding into form, and our OL struggling i could easily see this one spinning out of control like the bills game did. however, i know better than to ever count this team out of a game, and we definitely have a shot at mucking things up, making it ugly, and walking out with a W. we'll see...

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Buddy of mine that is also a Titans fan got us tickets three rows up at the 30. Going to be cold. Desperately need this win.

I’m due for a trip to Lambeau..even for a non-titans game. Will buy you no fewer than 4 beers when I make it up

I watched the GB Dallas game.  Home cooking and ref's were a part of the result.  Rogers made some real nice throws.  I sure hope Simmons is back and LONG, so we can contain the run game.  Rogers hardly threw the ball the whole game, GB had over 200 yards rushing as a team.   Two of Rogers huge throws were on 3rd and 1. GB had 4 big plays on the passing game (over 30 yards). I was not that impressed with GB D, but they do have a very good secondary. Dallas seemed to come in fearing Rogers and played the game to contain the pass then got gashed on the run game panic set in allowing Rogers to make some huge plays passing the ball.  

15 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m due for a trip to Lambeau..even for a non-titans game. Will buy you no fewer than 4 beers when I make it up

It’s always a good time, I’d take you up on it. Though I was hoping we could at least be in the 30s tomorrow. There’s something about a cold, primetime game at Lambeau that’s particularly worrisome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

It’s always a good time, I’d take you up on it. Though I was hoping we could at least be in the 30s tomorrow. There’s something about a cold, primetime game at Lambeau that’s particularly worrisome.

easy for me to say from the comfort of my own apartment, but while I 1000% agree w/ the Bears moving soldier field out of downtown chicago and into Arlington Heights (suburb near ORD) to build a mega-stadium...the sheer thought of it becoming a dome makes me sad.

there's something special about cold weather NFC North football (granted, Minny/Detroit have been in domes forever, but the point remains)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

easy for me to say from the comfort of my own apartment, but while I 1000% agree w/ the Bears moving soldier field out of downtown chicago and into Arlington Heights (suburb near ORD) to build a mega-stadium...the sheer thought of it becoming a dome makes me sad.

there's something special about cold weather NFC North football (granted, Minny/Detroit have been in domes forever, but the point remains)

NFC North should be played in cold weather elements. Its a tradition that makes football great. Nothing makes me happier than snow football. I think every stadium should be in the elements. But, hey, I guess I am a dinosaur.

• Like 1