Week 11 Thread: 5-5 Commanders @ 1-7-1 Texans - Our favorite type of trap game

MikeT14

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again, I am not forgetting how bad he played. I am simply stating EVERYONE played poor back then. I am not naive enough to believe that if the rest of the team is playing better, and the staff is performing better, that Carson can perform better as well. 

They’ve been playing better as a team since Heinicke has taken over as the QB & playing a lot like they did last year when he was the QB & Heinicke went 7-8 as our starter.

It’s not a coincidence that the team started playing better when Heinicke took over. It’s just noted I’m sorry & I’m not going to pretend that the rest of the team would’ve started playing better after Carson barely squeaked us past the Bears, throwing for only 99 yards & thanks to a muffed punt by the Bears which set up our only TD of the game if Wentz had never gotten hurt.

Theyre playing better on offense w/ Heinicke as QB period. He obviously runs the offense better, makes quicker decisions, gets the ball out faster, avoids sacks w/ his mobility than Carson would be taking & he’s a better leader for the offense & the team than Carson. All of that has translated into more team wins w/ Heinicke as our QB.

Heinicke looked really accurate & good on that drive until we got inside the 10. Really disappointed in the Red-zone play calling the last two times we got down there, Scotty forgot that we have BRob & Gibby at running back. And again, I want to see a zone read w/ Heinicke in the red-zone. The D won’t be expecting it & it seems like an easy way to get a TD inside the 10-yard line.

WTF!

GIF by NETFLIX

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They’ve been playing better as a team since Heinicke has taken over as the QB & playing a lot like they did last year when he was the QB & Heinicke went 7-8 as our starter.

It’s not a coincidence that the team started playing better when Heinicke took over. It’s just noted I’m sorry & I’m not going to pretend that the rest of the team would’ve started playing better after Carson barely squeaked us past the Bears, throwing for only 99 yards & thanks to a muffed punt by the Bears which set up our only TD of the game if Wentz had never gotten hurt.

Theyre playing better on offense w/ Heinicke as QB period. He obviously runs the offense better, makes quicker decisions, gets the ball out faster, avoids sacks w/ his mobility than Carson would be taking & he’s a better leader for the offense & the team than Carson. All of that has translated into more team wins w/ Heinicke as our QB.

I will continue this debate with you in a QB thread anytime. You are acting as if Heinicke was the boost that made all phases of the team perform better and that is just untrue. 

This was a half of pure defensive domination. I would like to see us run the ball more against their terrible run D. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

That’s about as good a first half as you could hope for. This defense is just getting better and better. Can’t wait to see it with Holcomb and Young back. 

Whatever JDR has been juicing the team up with, he needs to keep it going. They have been lights out the last couple weeks. Even against Minnesota they kept us in the game until the 4th quarter. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I will continue this debate with you in a QB thread anytime. You are acting as if Heinicke was the boost that made all phases of the team perform better and that is just untrue. 

This was a half of pure defensive domination. I would like to see us run the ball more against their terrible run D. 

How’s the saying go, if it’s once if it’s accident if it keeps happening then it’s a trend. It keeps happening. The entire mood of the team switched when Heinicke played vs the Packers & made a few big plays which helped us win that game. They believe in him & that’s all that matters. 

Ah, where’s the saying:

Once An Accident, Twice A Coincidence, Three Times A Pattern

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Whatever JDR has been juicing the team up with, he needs to keep it going. They have been lights out the last couple weeks. Even against Minnesota they kept us in the game until the 4th quarter. 

If Heinicke didn’t have the awful int vs the Vikings in the 4th Q, we win that game & we would’ve won 5 games in a row & we’d be sitting at 6-4 right now.