Week 11 Thread: 5-5 Commanders @ 1-7-1 Texans - Our favorite type of trap game

MikeT14

You know what’s crazy? This is the first time Washington has been over .500 this late in the season since Nov 2018 when Alex broke his leg. I think we were .500 for a few more weeks after Alex broke his leg & then never were over .500 since.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

This was a great win in my opinion. Clean, simple, and efficient gameplan. 

Any word on St. Juste?

The sideline reporter today reported that it’s a sprained ankle that he’s actually been playing through for a few weeks. He got it retapped, not sure if he went back in the game or not but she said he had it taped up before the game too.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The Vikings loss just bothers me so much now. They should’ve won that game. 

And the Titans loss too. If we had won those 2 games by not throwing 2 bad ints we’d be sitting at 8-3 right now & having won 7 in a row! 

GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by turtle28

21 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

We did what we needed to do. It wasn't great or pretty, but we took care of business.

Clean things up, because we got the Falcons next.

6-5 guys... domino's are falling in place. Got a lot of help today, too.

Brooklyn Nine Nine Reaction GIF

We should’ve had a 3 more TDs & would’ve if Scotty had called more running plays inside the 15 yard line & if he had actually called a zone read for Heinicke for once! Also, Gibby could’ve scored on that last drive but didn’t to run clock & seal the victory. So, we were in position to put up 42 points yesterday but only got 23.

I have no idea what Scotty was doing in the Red-zone! We’d get down there & then forget that we had run the ball at least 50% of the plays to get us down there.

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, Troublez said:

5-1 during the last 6.... I am praying chase is his old self when he returns. Does anyone whose played football know if a brace will impact his get off? 

Of course it will. Remember the difference between RG3 in 2012 & 2013 when RG3 didn’t have the brace & then did.

We have to be realistic w/ Chase he’s not going to look like he did before his injury until next year.

In all honesty, I'm just glad we came out & won the game after a huge win over Philly.

Historically, we would have an upset win playing above our heads? Then come out that very next week and lay a giant turd vs an inferior opponent.

The fact that we CAN handle success with consistency? Leads me to believe that we can challenge any team left on our schedule.

It may not always look pretty. But we are now down to the final stretch of 6 games & we actually have something to look forward to over the Holidays.

The fact of the matter is?

Our Defense is playing lights out right now & we have a chance to not only make the Playoffs? But do some serious damage while there.

We don't even need to win out to get there. But if we can continue to play the way we have?

I believe this team will be dancing, when the Playoffs begin.

• Like 1