Week 11 Thread: 5-5 Commanders @ 1-7-1 Texans - Our favorite type of trap game

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I understand. We all know neither Carson Wentz nor Taylor Heinicke is the QBotF. However, if we can maintain keeping Carson under the conditions for the pick escalation, he should be running the offense towards the end of the season. 

Any throw from Heinicke could be catastrophic. 

No offense, but you are having amnesia:

1. Int on the last play of the game when we could’ve won vs the Titans

2. Int vs the Cowboys at our own 25 which changed the outlook of the game:

3. Carson Wentz back to back ints vs the Jags which almost cost us the game if not for his 2 TDs to rally us in the 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Can’t believe we let Wentz play for the Texans today. Hopefully it doesn’t count towards the snap count. 

Davis Mills has looked pretty poor since last year. A combination of his offensive line's health, the staff and players abilities IMO. Have to imagine @ET80 is ready for a true rebuild.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Davis Mills has looked pretty poor since last year. A combination of his offensive line's health, the staff and players abilities IMO. Have to imagine @ET80 is ready for a true rebuild.

They did the smart thing waiting for this draft class but they ready should’ve picked Sauce. 

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

No offense, but you are having amnesia:

1. Int on the last play of the game when we could’ve won vs the Titans

2. Int vs the Cowboys at our own 25 which changed the outlook of the game:

3. Carson Wentz back to back ints vs the Jags which almost cost us the game if not for his 2 TDs to rally us in the 4th quarter.

Again, I am not forgetting how bad he played. I am simply stating EVERYONE played poor back then. I am not naive enough to believe that if the rest of the team is playing better, and the staff is performing better, that Carson can perform better as well. 

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again, the whole team is playing better since Carson got hurt. All except the QB. Heinicke has largely not played well, but he shows heart and he gets lucky with drops by the defense like today. We will never see a 75 bomb to Dyami Brown (or any other WR) while Heinicke is QB. 

I want a potent offense, Carson gives us a better chance at that. Just saying...

Heinicke just has “IT” whatever it is, he has the moxy & players love to play with him & for him similar to Colt McCoy. He’s not the most talented guy & doesn’t have the strongest arm but, he’s a good athlete &’plays with a lot of heart which rubs off on everyone else.

If Wentz had never gotten hurt, I feel we’re sitting with 3, maybe 4 wins right now.

For all the reasons I said, Heinicke is better running the offense. Wentz has the stronger arm, but outside of that in every other way Heinicke is a better QB. 

And before you say accuracy & ints, they both have the same issues with being inaccurate at times, making poor decisions & throwing bad ints at key times so that’s a wash to me. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Really did not care for what Scott Turner called there in the red zone. 

Didn’t make sense at all what happened to the running game? And why do we never run a zone read w/ Heinicke, especially in the Red-zone? I feel like Heinicke could get a TD in the Red-zone almost every game if Turner would call a zone read.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Heinicke just has “IT” whatever it is, he has the moxy & players love to play with him & for him similar to Colt McCoy. He’s not the most talented guy & doesn’t have the strongest arm but, he’s a good athlete &’plays with a lot of heart which rubs off on everyone else.

If Wentz had never gotten hurt, I feel we’re sitting with 3, maybe 4 wins right now.

For all the reasons I said, Heinicke is better running the offense. Wentz has the stronger arm, but outside of that in every other way Heinicke is a better QB

And before you say accuracy & ints, they both have the same issues with being inaccurate at times, making poor decisions & throwing bad ints at key times so that’s a wash to me. 

I think we will have to agree to disagree. Every statistical category Carson Wentz has performed better than Heinicke. The "it" factor that you speak of only masks the physical limitations, it doesnt make up for them. 

I wont hijack this thread anymore to discuss it. I like Taylor Heinicke. I don't particularly like Carson Wentz, once an enemy always an enemy. But its undeniable that Carson plays the QB position better. Even with how poorly Carson played he has still performed better than TH. 

With all that said, our defense is having their best game of the year. Total domination so far.

• Like 1