Gameday Thread: Week 11: Raiders @ Broncos 2:05 MST

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Wilson sucks.  

Yeah I'm basically in this camp too. I've completely soured on him. The only thing keeping me from completely giving up is how injury plagued we've been. Basically a patchwork OL and most offensive weapons gone. It's just a bad situation all around.

MG3 should be released tonight. Hackett should be fired first thing tomorrow. At some point fans will stop coming to the games. We’ve been putting up with ineptitude for too many years now. Empty seats might finally force Mr. Walton’s hand. But I’m not holding my breath until then. 

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That is hands down the biggest issue.  Wilson sucks.  

Yeah and this is the problem. We’re stuck with him for a while too. We can fire Hackett and everyone else but we’re still saddled with Russ and his contract for years. 

And it’s hard to fault George for that as we all - ALL OF US and by “us” I mean football fans - thought that was a killer move for the Broncos. Yeah there were some detractors (as there was with the Peyton signing) but it was a move met with wide acclaim. 

But now we’re f***ed. 

I’d put him, Russ, on blast - no more entourage, no more office, no more security detail for “entertainer” wife. And I said that in September. Go full Belichick, you’re one of 53, act like it. 

This won’t be well received. 

But if I’m the Walmarts, I fire Hackett tomorrow and hire Mike Shanahan as interim HC. Bring an adult in the room, someone to steady the ship, instant buy-in from everyone and Klint and Mike can right the offense. The other option to bring that adult in would be Peyton but I know that’s not happening.

Mike finishes the year out and then George and the Walmarts bring in the next guy. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah and this is the problem. We’re stuck with him for a while too. We can fire Hackett and everyone else but we’re still saddled with Russ and his contract for years. 

And it’s hard to fault George for that as we all - ALL OF US and by “us” I mean football fans - thought that was a killer move for the Broncos. Yeah there were some detractors (as there was with the Peyton signing) but it was a move met with wide acclaim. 

But now we’re f***ed. 

I’d put him, Russ, on blast - no more entourage, no more office, no more security detail for “entertainer” wife. And I said that in September. Go full Belichick, you’re one of 53, act like it. 

I have never been a Russ Wilson fan and that goes back to when they gave him the big contract in Seattle over the defensive players. 

I do and did agree with the trade for him though. Not that I thought he’d be an MVP caliber player, but thought he’d be a huge upgrade over what we’ve had since Manning.

Wilson is awful.  No idea what he’s doing or where the ball should go or where his reads are or anything.  He’s also short and wants to be a pocket QB but misses throws because he can’t throw over the offensive line.  

Denver has clearly catered to him too.  Seattle didn’t treat him as a pocket passer and cater to his wants.  Denver has and it’s been awful. 

18 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But now we’re f***ed. 

I'm sorry, that's just not true. It was incredibly risky at any value and absurd at the final price. The only thing more ridiculous was signing him to his new contract before he'd played a snap. Seriously, who signs a 33YO running QB who's been hit more than any QB in the game, showing signs of slowing down,  to a 6 year contract.

All the signs were there, just ignored.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'm sorry, that's just not true. It was incredibly risky at any value and absurd at the final price. The only thing more ridiculous was signing him to his new contract before he'd played a snap. Seriously, who signs a 33YO running QB who's been hit more than any QB in the game, showing signs of slowing down,  to a 6 year contract.

All the signs were there, just ignored.

People said the same about Peyton - any idea how many times I heard “one hit and he’s done” - from the ne’er-do-wells, and what happened? We had 4 blow away winning seasons, he shattered every single season passing record there was and we went to two SBs and won one in four seasons.

Russ has been the opposite. He’s an NBA personality playing in the NFL and he’s totally washed the f*** up.

Kudos to you for “warning” about it but you also said last year that Teddy B would be an All Pro and Vic was a great coach. 

We can relitigate the past all we want - and all point out where we have been right and wrong - for example, I can point out how I was correct on every Coach hire (Mac, Fox, Kubes, Vance and Vic) until I was horribly wrong Hackett. Now the time to move forward. 

So, WTF do we do now??

52 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But if I’m the Walmarts, I fire Hackett tomorrow and hire Mike Shanahan as interim HC. Bring an adult in the room, someone to steady the ship, instant buy-in from everyone and Klint and Mike can right the offense. The other option to bring that adult in would be Peyton but I know that’s not happening.

Mike finishes the year out and then George and the Walmarts bring in the next guy. 

I vote this 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

57 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But now we’re f***ed. 

This bottom paragraph is huge and should've been done in the first few weeks 

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Gary Kubiak would be my first call, no question. 

• Like 1

I definitely don't agree with the notion that running was the only option on 3rd and 10. It would've left the Raiders 1 minute 20 ish to get into FG range. That is ample time, especially considering how awful our Defense is against no-huddle in 2 minute drill this year. Carlson is a hell of a kicker and our Punter, for some reason, has recently forgotten how to kick a ball.

1 minute 20 seconds to go about 40 yards in this NFL is nothing. 

We had one play to win the game - go win it. What you absolutely DON'T do is leave the pocket for NO reason whatsoever, then, throw a terrible pass short of the sticks that stops the clock regardless of whether it is caught.

WHY would you not just slide to keep the clock running once the play was dead? Just yet another brain dead play by a QB I honestly thought was one of the smartest players in the league.

• Like 3

The Broncos scored a TD on their first possession, and then nothing after that.  Isn't this an in-game adjustment issue?  Once the opponent figures out our scheme, we just keep riding with it, maybe that is what the "Let's ride" slogan is for? Shanahan and Kubiak were masters at in-game adjustments which is probably what we are all used to.