Gameday Thread: Week 11: Raiders @ Broncos 2:05 MST

BroncoSojia

17 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I think I might actually hate this moron ever more than Josh McDaniels, which is saying an awful lot about how badly he’s mismanaged our team this year.

Hackett gone tonight. Bring in a respected ex player (Champ Bailey?) until the end of the season with all co-ordinators and position coaches staying in place. Then go all out to convince Dan Quinn to come next year. 

Seriously, who'd want to come? Just send Hackett home and finish with what we've got. 

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Fire everyone. And I mean everyone. Tomorrow. 

I caution away from this sentiment. Paton has done a lot more good than bad and there’s no GM available that can do better than him, IMO.

But I’d warn him that he can’t afford to screw up another HC decision. 

18 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Actually, with good management, with 3rd and 4 with 3:30 left before our FG you run the ball. Burn 40 seconds and still get your FG.

Again, 3rd and 10, under 2:00 you run the ball. Burn another 40 and punt.  So, the only thing that changes is 1:20 off the clock. Instead of getting the ball with 1:43 left the Raiders only have :23 at their own 22, down by 3 with no TO's.

That can be argued as well to run the ball with 2 mins left.   I'll have to look, but I actually wonder if we could have let more clock run so there was only 2:06 left.  Then we could have actually run or passed the ball on 2nd and still got to the 3rd down.  A 2nd down pass had the best chance of success.   Once it was 3rd and 10, I would have much preferred either a completion, or a sack - to run the 40 secs.   That reduces the chances DEN gives up a wheel route. 

And the call on whether to run or pass would have been Hackett's at the 2 min warning.     So either way, he owns it.

But once LV got the ball at the 8 - there's literally no other path but call TO right away.   RIGHT AWAY.    It's not even a Q.   LV only gets 3 plays.   And worrying about whether they'll run or not is ridiculous bush-league, wilting-in-face-of-pressure thinking.  You trust your D to stop them.  And then you give your O a chance.

The crazy part - Hackett has NO OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES.  And he still comes up with this turkey of game management.   It's unbelievable.

If Hackett's not fired tomorrow, I'm done watching this team until he's gone.     Otherwise we'd have been better off losing in JAX, and then have already cut bait with him at the bye. 

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, paul-mac said:

I caution away from this sentiment. Paton has done a lot more good than bad and there’s no GM available that can do better than him, IMO.

But I’d warn him that he can’t afford to screw up another HC decision. 

I’d fire George.

I’d fire the guy that sells Coors Light row to row.

I’d fire Loren Landow and rest of the training staff.

I’d fire the guys who mow the lawn. I’d fire the janitors hose the puke off the floors in the washrooms. 

I’d fire the pilot of the team plane. I’d fire Alan Roach who does the PA. I’d fire Patrick Smyth who does the PR.

I’d fire the marketing people, the sales people, the guys and gals who direct traffic before and after the game. 

I’d fire Hackett, Kubiak, Evero, the whole coaching staff.

I’d fire every regional scout, every part-time scout, I’d fire the cub scouts who bring the flags out before the game. I’d fire the cheerleaders. 

Anyone else whom I’ve forgotten, I’d fire them too. 

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Get Hackett out of here ASAP. Done. Another pathetic showing from the offense. This team is a complete disgrace and I hope heads roll everywhere. 

To be fair - they had 17 pts in the 1H in the bag until Hackett decided MG3 was the RB to run the ball into short-yardage.    And then disaster struck.

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’d fire George.

I’d fire the guy that sells Coors Light row to row.

I’d fire Loren Landow and rest of the training staff.

I’d fire the guys who mow the lawn. I’d fire the janitors hose the puke off the floors in the washrooms. 

I’d fire the pilot of the team plane. I’d fire Alan Roach who does the PA. I’d fire Patrick Smyth who does the PR.

I’d fire the marketing people, the sales people, the guys and gals who direct traffic before and after the game. 

I’d fire Hackett, Kubiak, Evero, the whole coaching staff.

I’d fire every regional scout, every part-time scout, I’d fire the cub scouts who bring the flags out before the game. I’d fire the cheerleaders. 

Anyone else whom I’ve forgotten, I’d fire them too. 

I think this is the part you referred to several weeks ago when you said you were posting out of pure emotion right now.   I'll assume it holds here, because everyone is right there with you reaction-wise.    But right now, the only 2 ppl who need walking papers are Hackett....and MG3.    MG3 just hurts us every time he runs the ball.  The pass game asset he offers isn't worth it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair - they had 17 pts in the 1H in the bag until Hackett decided MG3 was the RB to run the ball into short-yardage.    And then disaster struck.

All that matters is the total they came up with, and that, once again was 16 points and not nearly enough. We chose the wrong coach and we have a mediocre at best QB at the moment. This team is in one of the worst spots its ever been in, IMO.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think this is the part you referred to several weeks ago when you said you were posting out of pure emotion right now.   I'll assume it holds here, because everyone is right there with you reaction-wise.    But right now, the only 2 ppl who need walking papers are Hackett....and MG3.    MG3 just hurts us every time he runs the ball.  The pass game asset he offers isn't worth it. 

I have to say things for effect from time to time. 

In all seriousness, MG3 not being benched today should be it for Hackett, if not the whole staff. ZERO accountability. 

How do you call a pass on 3rd down - if they did and Russ didn’t ad-lib - and throw an incompletion? A player with Russ’ smarts and experience should know even if you wanted to chance it, if it’s not there just slide or self sack and the keep the clock running. Even Mac had to be laughing at that level of ineptitude.

Why are playing zone on Adams when you have PS2? Even if PS2 is overrated at least go 1-on-1 there for most of the game and play 10-on-10 versus the other 10. 

I could go on and on.

I’m just done. This is Colorado Rockies level bad from the very top to the very bottom. The Monforts look smart signing Kris Bryant relative to George trading the farm for Russ. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Anyone else get the feeling Hackett basically took the reins back from Rosburg with play calling off his plate? It’s the most braindead he’s looked as a HC since the Texans game. 

Probably. Not clear what else he does or brings to the team. Although he's excellent at game planning to score between 9-16 points on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have to say things for effect from time to time. 

In all seriousness, MG3 not being benched today should be it for Hackett, if not the whole staff. ZERO accountability. 

How do you call a pass on 3rd down - if they did and Russ didn’t ad-lib - and throw an incompletion? A player with Russ’ smarts and experience should know even if you wanted to chance it, if it’s not there just slide or self sack and the keep the clock running. Even Mac had to be laughing at that level of ineptitude.

Why are playing zone on Adams when you have PS2? Even if PS2 is overrated at least go 1-on-1 there for most of the game and play 10-on-10 versus the other 10. 

I could go on and on.

I’m just done. This is Colorado Rockies level bad from the very top to the very bottom. The Monforts look smart sig big Kris Bryant relative to George trading the farm for Russ. 

I have no problem with a pass play - provided Russ knew to take a sack if the play wasn't there.    That's my problem there.   

And I will say it - that's on Russ.  

Having said that, he actually played well outside of 4-5 plays (missed Dulcich on the seam, and 2-3x he bolted out of pocket when the pressure wasn't there).     It should have been enough.    Kubiak called a MUCH better game.....should have been enough.

But putting MG3 in that fateful 3rd and 1, and then blocked FG...and then the team calling run-run-pass at the 30 in the scoring drive, when we had been gashing the LV D with tempo pass O, was just so frustrating.    It was classic DON'T LOSE, DON'T SCREW UP play.   Then the one time DON'T SCREW UP is the only goal (3rd and 10, keep clock running) - we screw up (and yes, that's on Wilson).

Wilson owns the last play, Hackett owns the game management, and deciding to put MG3 on there.   Let's also add the complete brain dead decision to take a 10 yard penalty instead of a 6-yard sack - it seems small, but what HC does that?  In Mile High, going from the 33 to the 37 is meaningless when you given them 3x to advance the ball.   

Hackett had ONE JOB today, and this is what we got:

-He thought 1st and 20 from our 37 was better to defend than 2nd and 16 from our 33.   It's not even close.

-He AGAIN thought MG3 was the guy who should run the ball on 3rd and 1 - fumble, costs us a TD (and then ST's costs us a TD).  

-He then thought MG3 was the guy who should run our 2 run plays at the LV 30, when a TD would have put us in the driver seat, instead we get a FG after getting 1 yard on the 2 runs.   Guess what?  3rd and 9 is A LOT harder to pass and succeed.    At least if you're going to be conservative, put your best runner in.  GAWD.

-The unreal game management disaster we witnessed (and yes, Russ deserves some for not tacking the sack on O).    But that total freeze job by NOT calling TO with 48 secs left and the ball at our 8 - HE'S GOT ONE FREAKING JOB.

I hope you realize I'm likely just as upset as you are.   I just see only 2 ppl who need to be gone tomorrow - Hackett and MG3.   

The ironic part is if we won, I'd still feel the same way - but all the good things that did happen (KK clearly understanding how to get the O going, Wilson making more throws and plays, Sutton bouncing back from an AWFUL 1H, the D stepping up shorthanded).....all feels like ash in our mouths.

If I have to see another caption about Hackett explaining this L away, and saying "everything's under evaluation" - sorry, nope.  I'll still post here, I'll still be a diehard fan, but that's it for watching games....until Hackett's gone.    Sorry, there's only so much punishment fans can reasonably endure.