Kenny Clark is overrated.

vegas492

Tell me, what has happened to Kenny Clark????

There was a lengthy back and forth on this guy in the off-season.  Some called him elite.  I did not.  He's not consistent.  He's the best we have, and has been for quite some time, but this guy simply does not impact games much.

Not that this is an end all be all tool, but his PFF grade this year is......61.1.  Which is third best.....on the Packers roster.  Behind Reed's 61.8 and Lowry's 64.3.  For the NFL, Clark is tied for the 49th best DL.

All that with a top 5-6 cap hit for DL's in the league.  When you pay a guy top money for his position, he needs to produce.  Clark has not.

The disturbing thing about his PFF score this year is that his run grade is really low, 46.3, but his pass rush grade is 77.3.  His strength should be the run game.  Unless we are using him differently with Reed eating some of those true 0 snaps.

PFF scores for Clark.

2016: 67.3

2017: 87.3

2018: 90.2

2019: 79.9

2020: 73.8

2021: 74.9

2022: 61.1

So....he is the best DL we have, but is that saying he's good, or that our DL around him for years has just been that poor?

I have seen him wreck games early this year.  And now he has simply disappeared for the past 4-5 games.

Truth be told?  My guess is that he does a lot of dirty work that doesn't jump out at you when watching games.  So he's better than that score.  He's just not wrecking stuff like he used to.

In other words...get it together Kenny!

• Like 3

He plays way to many snaps. We don't rotate them near as much as we should. He's tired, he's like Raji was abused by us. We don't bring guys back from Injury for weeks on end yet we trot ole KC out there snap after snap.

Plus Reed and Lowry never take on the double teams, when they do they get washed out. Kenny takes on all the hard work and helps others be better. He's not getting sack numbers but he's the only reason we do stop the run sometimes. He'll be depended on heavily thursday night. 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Seriously?  If you Google top 10 NFL nose tackles you will find Kenny listed every time.  He is the least of our issues on D.

If you Google top ten quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers shows up every time.

If you Googled best running backs 2005, Samkon Gado would make 8/10 lists.

Clay Matthews was a top ten EDGE rusher according to Google.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you Google top ten quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers shows up every time.

If you Googled best running backs 2005, Samkon Gado would make 8/10 lists.

Clay Matthews was a top ten EDGE rusher according to Google.

You're good at google, didn't you stop watching cause you might as well have if you can't see the truth on Kenny. 

KC has 479 snaps already this year. had 750 last year. He is out there too much. Slaton has not shown anything. We are rotating a bit more this year but not near enough the kid takes on to many snaps. We have BJ Raji'd him. Plus like allot of DL he's probably nicked up a bit here and there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Seriously?  If you Google top 10 NFL nose tackles you will find Kenny listed every time.  He is the least of our issues on D.

This isn't serious btw. He's trying to reverse jinx him into playing better though. 

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

He plays way to many snaps. We don't rotate them near as much as we should. He's tired, he's like Raji was abused by us. We don't bring guys back from Injury for weeks on end yet we trot ole KC out there snap after snap.

Plus Reed and Lowry never take on the double teams, when they do they get washed out. Kenny takes on all the hard work and helps others be better. He's not getting sack numbers but he's the only reason we do stop the run sometimes. He'll be depended on heavily thursday night. 

The bolded part is not true this year.  He's got a great, great pass rush score.  It's his run score that is dreadful.

My take away on him is this...

Yes.  Too many snaps.

He is kind of a soft player.  As in not mean.  Maybe instead of soft, I'd use the word, nice, for him.

I think Kenny plays at an elite level when fully healthy.  But if he's dinged, he's average at best.  And I'll bet he is a little dinged now, and has been for a few weeks.  

Here's to hoping he starts playing better.

Because when you pay someone as much as we paid him, you expect more than this.  

If it is fair to call out Rodgers for his pay and play, as well as Bakh when he was injured, you gotta throw Clark's name in there as well.