Kenny Clark is overrated.

vegas492

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Seriously?  If you Google top 10 NFL nose tackles you will find Kenny listed every time.  He is the least of our issues on D.

49th best DL in the league, 3rd best DL on the team, according to PFF.

And a very large contract.

We need more out of him.

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

This isn't serious btw. He's trying to reverse jinx him into playing better though. 

I was...and still am.

Though...I will say this as a serious statement.  We need more out of Clark than what we've gotten the past 4-5 weeks.  He's getting paid top dollar and he has been pretty invisible lately.

Early in the year....dang....monster inside.  We need that dude back.  And if that means limiting snaps, we should do it.  Wyatt needs more anyway.  Slaton and Reed can hold down the NT spot if we need them to.

I want to Clark just end a couple of series in the 4'th quarter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I hate PFF. Wish we would all stop using it as a metric. 

Come up with something better?

I mean, it is what it is.  You have to buy into the fact that they hire nerds to work with former players who supposedly know responsibilities for all of these plays.  Then create a scoring system.  And while it is imperfect, it is consistent.

Was the DL scoring metric bad or faulty when Clark was putting up high 80's and 90's as scores?

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I mean, it is what it is.  You have to buy into the fact that they hire nerds to work with former players who supposedly know responsibilities for all of these plays.  Then create a scoring system.  And while it is imperfect, it is consistent.

Was the DL scoring metric bad or faulty when Clark was putting up high 80's and 90's as scores?

I don't think it's consistent, but like you said its what most ppl accept.  

I never forgot when they produced grades for players literally minutes after the 1st quarter. There's no way they could have done that.

I've never been a fan of PFF btw.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It absolutely is not. 

PFF regularly changes their grades when fanbases get mad at them. 

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The bolded part is not true this year.  He's got a great, great pass rush score.  It's his run score that is dreadful.

My take away on him is this...

Yes.  Too many snaps.

He is kind of a soft player.  As in not mean.  Maybe instead of soft, I'd use the word, nice, for him.

I think Kenny plays at an elite level when fully healthy.  But if he's dinged, he's average at best.  And I'll bet he is a little dinged now, and has been for a few weeks.  

Here's to hoping he starts playing better.

Because when you pay someone as much as we paid him, you expect more than this.  

If it is fair to call out Rodgers for his pay and play, as well as Bakh when he was injured, you gotta throw Clark's name in there as well.

I just can't get on with the grades. Look who we trot out beside him play after play. I have no problem with Kenny's name being tossed out there. But from my vantage point he's just not an issue. He eats to many blocks, eats to many snaps, and carries that Dline. I'm not sure being soft or mean is anything. He seems to play his arse off. He sniffs our screens and i don't buy the run grade. I think having Lowry beside him hurts virtually every part of his game. He's always doing more than he should be. I think he plays agressivly enough. Mean streak vs doing his job well. Just my two cents really though, what do I know other than Lowry should not be on the field he sucks. Slaton can't seem to see the field enough so he's not doing enough. Reed blah he's been ok nothing special.