Kenny Clark is overrated.

vegas492

3 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

I don't think it's consistent, but like you said its what most ppl accept.  

I never forgot when they produced grades for players literally minutes after the 1st quarter. There's no way they could have done that.

I've never been a fan of PFF btw.

To be clear....I'm not arguing against your point of view at all.

But....was the grading "wrong" when it had him an elite DL for a couple years in a row?  Then all of a sudden it isn't because his score is lower?

Like, I get bagging on PFF.  Totally.  As you said, it is the best we have right now.  But, if it was to be accepted when the player was scored at excellent, then it should be accepted when the player is scored lower.

That's like my only point about them and how they score.  If you refute it, refute it entirely.  If you accept it, sometimes you gotta say, our guy isn't playing as well as he has before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It absolutely is not. 

PFF regularly changes their grades when fanbases get mad at them. 

Objection your honor, this is speculative in nature.

Unless you can show me something that says otherwise.  They've hated on Roquan Smith for years, despite a huge fanbase in Chicago hating it and players putting Smith in the Pro Bowl.  

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Why do we have to have reverse reverse jinx crap on every thread. Maybe MLF will see this thread and give KC a week off tomorrow night and see how we do without him. That would be fun to watch.

Going from memory here, but when he's been out, I felt like our DL was pretty stout.  No issues.

If there is an issue....it could be overconfidence in Clark.  Such as trotting out Jags next to him, or going light in the box expecting him to control both guards and the center in the run game, while still providing a pass rush.

58 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Not that I don't trust you, but I'm interested in seen proof of this.

Not a huge flip but I remember this one.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packing-the-stats-a-closer-look-at-aaron-rodgers-pff-grade-against-chiefs

They literally improved it TWICE after the freak out.

I cannot find proof of this but I swear that not long before this AR had made veiled negative comments about PFF/analytics. I'm not saying that's why they did it, but who knows. Those dudes have made some pretty petty comments over the years.

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Objection your honor, this is speculative in nature.

Unless you can show me something that says otherwise.  They've hated on Roquan Smith for years, despite a huge fanbase in Chicago hating it and players putting Smith in the Pro Bowl.  

Google isn't that hard guys

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/01/sauce-gardner-pro-football-focus-new-york-jets/

Been seeing a lot more 3 DL formations than in the past, when we were almost exclusively a 2 DL defense flanked by Edge Rushers, not that it's helped the defense much. KC is indeed on an island most of the time. Lowry continues to astound me as a JAG who can milk the occasional stat and still get a contract despite his emminent replaceability. Reed was, best to my knowledge, the attempt at getting a legit NT type(didn't he play that role in KC?) only that fell through, and he's now a Hobo's Ryan Pickett. Slaton gets the most snaps out of the rotation backups, and he's looking more like a middling development project who's destined to be in the back of many depth charts in his career. That just leaves Wyatt, who has high potential and has shined it on occasion. But he also looks like he's going to be a constant Injury List nightmare.

Clark's best role, as most DTs of his ilk can attest, is as a 3-Tech. Unfortunately we lack players who can be more than mere warm bodies as 1/0 Techs, so there we go. Here's hoping Wyatt breaks through soon.

Don't think he's over rated but over used. Think the Packers need to stop being so WR heavy and get some more big bodies on the DL to help Kenny get a breather. They need to rotate those guys better thats why the run D is so terrible. Dean should've been cut this off-season he offers nothing against the run game and he's not getting pressure on the QB. 

9 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Been seeing a lot more 3 DL formations than in the past, when we were almost exclusively a 2 DL defense flanked by Edge Rushers, not that it's helped the defense much. KC is indeed on an island most of the time. Lowry continues to astound me as a JAG who can milk the occasional stat and still get a contract despite his emminent replaceability. Reed was, best to my knowledge, the attempt at getting a legit NT type(didn't he play that role in KC?) only that fell through, and he's now a Hobo's Ryan Pickett. Slaton gets the most snaps out of the rotation backups, and he's looking more like a middling development project who's destined to be in the back of many depth charts in his career. That just leaves Wyatt, who has high potential and has shined it on occasion. But he also looks like he's going to be a constant Injury List nightmare.

Clark's best role, as most DTs of his ilk can attest, is as a 3-Tech. Unfortunately we lack players who can be more than mere warm bodies as 1/0 Techs, so there we go. Here's hoping Wyatt breaks through soon.

My guess is he will be starting to pop around week 16, 17 and 18... Just in time to slide into that 7th spot and getting ready to take out Minny! 😎

Not sure overuse is necessarily the issue here.  Kenny's played 80% of the snaps on the year, which is slightly less than he played in 2018 (84%) and 2019 (83%), and only slightly more than he played last year (78%).  It's on par with what guys like Chris Jones (81%) and Jeffery Simmons (81%) are playing, and significantly less than AD (90%). 

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

Don't think he's over rated but over used. Think the Packers need to stop being so WR heavy and get some more big bodies on the DL to help Kenny get a breather. They need to rotate those guys better thats why the run D is so terrible. Dean should've been cut this off-season he offers nothing against the run game and he's not getting pressure on the QB. 

The Packers are wide receiver heavy? Are you feeling okay?