Week 11 GDT - Bears vs Dirty Birds

Sugashane

giphy.gif

IDK why but I always loved the dance and was a big fan of Jamal Anderson. lol

Bears are underdogs from what odds I have seen, though I feel like this is a game that the Bears should win with relative ease. ATL just gave up over 230 yards rushing to a CAR team that featured D'Onta Foreman and Blackstear. That being said our defense is terrible at containing QBs so Mariota might have a big game rushing. Patterson will get to run against us and Pitts is a freak but being hindered by Mariota.

ATL is giving up the 27th most PPG. have given up the 5th most rushing TDs, and 11th most rushing yards. Bears should run all over them even with Herbert out. What is the over/under for Ebner getting 50 yards rushing?

Bears win, 31-24.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

giphy.gif

IDK why but I always loved the dance and was a big fan of Jamal Anderson. lol

Bears are underdogs from what odds I have seen, though I feel like this is a game that the Bears should win with relative ease. ATL just gave up over 230 yards rushing to a CAR team that featured D'Onta Foreman and Blackstear. That being said our defense is terrible at containing QBs so Mariota might have a big game rushing. Patterson will get to run against us and Pitts is a freak but being hindered by Mariota.

ATL is giving up the 27th most PPG. have given up the 5th most rushing TDs, and 11th most rushing yards. Bears should run all over them even with Herbert out. What is the over/under for Ebner getting 50 yards rushing?

Bears win, 31-24.

No offense @Sugashane but wasn't this the same thing that was said about the Lions? If the refs aren't working against I think we can pull this off but since we don't seem to get the benefit of the doubt much I think we are looking at another close letdown. I do think this may be the week we see some progression in the pass game by Fields (16/22 248 passing yds,  104 rushing yds, 2 passing TD, 1 rushing TD). ATL win, 30-28.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

No offense @Sugashane but wasn't this the same thing that was said about the Lions? If the refs aren't working against I think we can pull this off but since we don't seem to get the benefit of the doubt much I think we are looking at another close letdown. I do think this may be the week we see some progression in the pass game by Fields (16/22 248 passing yds,  104 rushing yds, 2 passing TD, 1 rushing TD). ATL win, 30-28.

I'll take the same result 100%.

Fields puts on a show

Defense grabs ankles excepts for a few promising performances

Refs get ALL the vitriol

Bears draft position stays high.

ilike-borat.gif

• Like 3

I feel like Fields’ lightning streak ends. 
i think both teams are very comparable ability (to win) wise. 
I think team morale will be a little shot after another tough loss last week. 
idk if I’d bet money on the outcome of this game but as it stands I don’t think I’m leaning chi as of yet. 
I am looking forward to more Claypool to see what he has. Some of our more gadgety players are probably going to see more carries than usual, some may even line up in the backfield with Herbie out. 

This will be the first time in the NFL that Fields plays in Atlanta, and being a kid from Kennesaw, GA that probably means something to him. Gotta think he was a huge Falcons fan growing up. Will probably have a bunch of friends and family at the game. That, plus the hometown Falcons passing on him last year in favor of Pitts when they clearly had a QB need had to sting. He’d never say so publicly, but you have to think he’ll have a little bit of extra motivation this weekend (not that he needs it).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

This will be the first time in the NFL that Fields plays in Atlanta, and being a kid from Kennesaw, GA that probably means something to him. Gotta think he was a huge Falcons fan growing up. Will probably have a bunch of friends and family at the game. That, plus the hometown Falcons passing on him last year in favor of Pitts when they clearly had a QB need had to sting. He’d never say so publicly, but you have to think he’ll have a little bit of extra motivation this weekend (not that he needs it).

Oh I'm sure it stung bad being passed over by his hometown team. Was a pretty bizarre move looking back considering how little usage Pitts gets and that Matt Ryan was nearing the end of the line with the Falcons.

How ironic is it that the GM who drafted him is now a high level front officer member with the Falcons.

If there's any wins I want to see us get for the rest of the season it's this one and the remaining game vs the Packers. Fields deserves to win a couple after he's put the team on his back the last month and a bit

• Like 2

Off top of my head only 2022 Falcons I can quickly name are Mariota, Pitts and Grady.    

Didn't they sign a bunch of ex-Bears in offseason?

let me check ourlads ...

Oh yeah Patterson.  Duh.   Lets see.  Byrd.   

That's all i see actually starting.

I see Ifedi is back up OL.   Kwik is a back up LB.  Wilkinson and Williams are on IR.

Not noticing anyone else.   Didn't they sign Tonga?  He is with Vikings now I believe.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Off top of my head only 2022 Falcons I can quickly name are Mariota, Pitts and Grady.    

let me check ourlads ...

I see Ifedi is back up OL.   Kwik is a back up LB.  Wilkinson and Williams are on IR.

Not noticing anyone else.   Didn't they sign Tonga?  He is with Vikings now I believe.

Oh and Anderson.  

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

let me check ourlads ...

Weird thing to see is that ATL has 4 rushers over 300 yards and all are within 100 yards of each other. This may end up being a Navy vs Air Force kind of game.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

let me check ourlads ...

Also Pace and Emery iirc.