Week 11 GDT - Bears vs Dirty Birds

Sugashane

5 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Jenkins

Jenkins being down is a major concern...

One guy who does deserve a little bit of credit Chris Morgan...we have had a fair amount of change on the OL and while pass pro has clearly not been great you don't lead the NFL in rushing by over 30 yards per game by accident...hopefully we can continue to give him guys to work with and develop into quality starters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Will be interesting to see if Jenkins can go…I would also expect Velus to dress given he could see some snaps at RB.

Guessing Velus gets Herbert’s active roster spot (Ebner slides up but was already active on gamedays) and KR duties along with some manufactured touches. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Guessing Velus gets Herbert’s active roster spot (Ebner slides up but was already active on gamedays) and KR duties along with some manufactured touches. 

heck  YA  ! velus needs to be back there every single time returning  all kicks in these 'developmental wink wink' games, get those drops allll the way out of his  system  ....work him to death all over field, see if we have anything there   !

11 hours ago, SLCbear said:

heck  YA  ! velus needs to be back there every single time returning  all kicks in these 'developmental wink wink' games, get those drops allll the way out of his  system  ....work him to death all over field, see if we have anything there   !

I agree, especially at PR. We’re 3-7. This is the best time to find out if he can be a useful piece as a returner going forward. Game reps and practice reps aren’t the same when you’re talking about fielding punts under live fire. The stuff he struggles with as a WR (route running and hands) can get better in practice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree, especially at PR. We’re 3-7. This is the best time to find out if he can be a useful piece as a returner going forward. Game reps and practice reps aren’t the same when you’re talking about fielding punts under live fire. The stuff he struggles with as a WR (route running and hands) can get better in practice. 

I just think Velus can be such a match up nightmare for LBs with that speed…imagine your a 4.7 ILB trying to cover him out the back field on a angle route…first thing your doing after the rep is saying you need help on the next rep…teams having to drop a safety down to cover him who also probably is no where near as fast can open things up for the rest of this offence…as I said earlier in the season even when everyone was healthy you don’t need to put him back their all game…the NFL is about chunk plays…you give him 5 reps…on that he is a decoy on 3 reps but goes for say a 8 or 9 yard run and a 23 yard catch…that 30 some odd yards matters when it comes to efficiency & changes how the team is defended much like Fields does to teams.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pretty much anything that doesn't put Fields at excessive risk is on the table to me. This is about scouting your 22 starters and hoping a few are guys to build around for 2023. 

• Like 1

I hope we see more Claypool out their against the Falcons…don’t get me wrong I still don’t expect him to really be a big part of this offence until at least after the bye week if not 2023 but it would be good to see him get some red zone targets & a couple of deep shots.

I don’t think I’ve ever given up on a player after one year, let alone 10 weeks but Velus seems like a lost cause at WR. Every other rookie drafted in the 5th or higher starts at this point and he’s not even dressing for games. I’m all for seeing what he can do at RB in Herbert’s absence. What better time than a game against CP84? 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I hope we see more Claypool out their against the Falcons…don’t get me wrong I still don’t expect him to really be a big part of this offence until at least after the bye week if not 2023 but it would be good to see him get some red zone targets & a couple of deep shots.

This seems like a good game for him to breakout. Would be nice for Fields to have confidence in him like he does Mooney before facing Sauce next weekend.