Joe Morgan is stupid

mission27

We wouldn’t want to ‘relax’ the standards of the Hall of Fame by electing the second best baseball player who ever lived.  No, we’re much better off with a bunch of fleas like Joe Morgan who ran around stealing bases and playing defense and generally playing like a little girl.

I'll preface this by saying that as most know, I'm a giants fan, so of course there is a little bias here, but to me, I really don't care what Bonds did. All I know is that when I look back on the time I watched Bonds play, PEDS or no, I was in awe. Hell, I'm grateful he took them. What I witnessed with him, what he did, is probably not anything I'm ever going to see again. I have no problem with PED users in the hall, especially given how prevalent they were for such a huge chunk of time. What I witnessed was damn near magical. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'll preface this by saying that as most know, I'm a giants fan, so of course there is a little bias here, but to me, I really don't care what Bonds did. All I know is that when I look back on the time I watched Bonds play, PEDS or no, I was in awe. Hell, I'm grateful he took them. What I witnessed with him, what he did, is probably not anything I'm ever going to see again. I have no problem with PED users in the hall, especially given how prevalent they were for such a huge chunk of time. What I witnessed was damn near magical. 

I’d say there is a 0.1% chance we ever see someone again who can hit a baseball the way Barry Bonds did.  Its comical that guys like Joe Morgan, who were good players and yet couldn’t hold Barry’s jock, are going to pretend like the steroids are what made him great.  Sorry Joe, he was better than you.  Period.

When they removed everyone who:

Stole signs

Doctored the baseball

Corked their bat

Took amphetimines 

Took cocaine 

Injected themselves with monkey testosterone 

Took steroids or HGH 

Witnessed and enabled the above behavior, on the road to multiple WS titles 

And hey, might want to get rid of the racist, wife beaters, alduterers, junkies, murderers, thieves... 

Then we will have a perfect (empty) Hall of Fame we can all look up to!  

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We've known that Jon Heyman is retarded for a long time now. The Clay Travis of baseball.

I hope Morgan’s sanctimonious BS backfires and encourages people to vote for Bonds and Clemens, but as long as people like Heyman are still involved in the processs it seems unlikely.  The guy is such a blowhard.

Little hypothetical exercise for you all... imagine if instead of Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and ARod being the highest profile steroid users, it were Griffey Jr. and Derek Jeter.  What do you think Heyman and Co. would be saying right now? 

Their ability to tear people down to sell magazines is pretty much limitless but you have to think personal dislike for those two has something to do with the strong opinions on this issue.  McGwire and Sosa were better liked but almost secondary players at this point.

And everyone in the 60s-80's was on speed. Mays, Aaron, Mantle, Schmidt admitted it. Gossage admitted it but tried to claim it wasn't a performance enhaning substance lol. Ruth apparently tried testosterone from a sheep's balls or something.

Kick all of them out, plus I'm sure a lot more and then get back to me.

Archived