Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

Still only going to win 5 games this year....at best IMO.  Might beat either Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota....that's it.  My guess is Chicago beats us and Rodgers (oh, do they want to get revenge on him).  Detroit is our best chance (but they play hard no matter what their record is so that is no gimme).  Minnesota we have a chance only because they will have the division wrapped up and will be playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.  If we get lucky and lose them all and only win 4, my guess is we will pick somewhere between 4 and 7 in the draft.  Our strength of schedule is going to come back and haunt us however.

Rodgers has always said he would retire when he sees a diminishment in his ability.  If he can't see it now, maybe the rest of the year will prove it to him.  Please do us a favor and retire.  We already made a huge mistake in resigning him, so please don't put that heavy anchor of your contract around our necks for the next three years.

The front office will say his skills are fine; he just had a broken thumb. So they will try another "go for it" year in '23. 🤪

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So...can this game get flexed out of SNF?

Yes. BUT - it's Thanksgiving week so you're already down 3 games to flex. The remaining options are HOU @ MIA, CIN @ TEN, DEN @ CAR, CHI @ NYJ, ATL @ WAS, TAM @ CLE, BAL @ JAX, LV @ SEA, LAC @ ARI, NO @ SF, and LAR @ KC.

Not really a great group of games to move and they can only do it twice a season with IND @ DAL, KC @ DEN, NEP @ LVR, TAM @ ARI, and LAR @ LAC still up. Not exactly a stellar lineup so they'll have to figure out which mediocre/bad teams stay on that slate. And the Packers do draw ratings, even if it's likely to be a blowout.

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Still only going to win 5 games this year....at best IMO.  Might beat either Chicago, Detroit, or Minnesota....that's it.  My guess is Chicago beats us and Rodgers (oh, do they want to get revenge on him).  Detroit is our best chance (but they play hard no matter what their record is so that is no gimme).  Minnesota we have a chance only because they will have the division wrapped up and will be playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.  If we get lucky and lose them all and only win 4, my guess is we will pick somewhere between 4 and 7 in the draft.  Our strength of schedule is going to come back and haunt us however.

Rodgers has always said he would retire when he sees a diminishment in his ability.  If he can't see it now, maybe the rest of the year will prove it to him.  Please do us a favor and retire.  We already made a huge mistake in resigning him, so please don't put that heavy anchor of your contract around our necks for the next three years.

The Vikings could be in contention for the 1 seed still and they need to be 1 game up over the Eagles because of the head to head tiebreaker so I don't see them resting players unless they or the Eagles completely implode.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Striker said:

I hope whoever my successor is next season appreciates that I'm taking on the tank job this year to ensure your future success.

...this one is going to be bad.

Crazy thing is I actually think this might be close.  This league and our team surprises me week in and week out.

What sucks is I think the team has talent, but between Barry on defense, and inconsistent playmakers outside of Watson and Jones on offense, we just can't get it going.

Anyway, any last chance we have to get to the playoffs happens here.  Good news is I feel like the extra 3 day mini bye might have us ready with energy, as will it being on Sunday night.  Bad news is Rodgers's throwing hand likely still won't be healed up enough to throw straight consistently in the cold.

Man, I just can't quit getting the feeling we might win this one, don't know why but just that strange feeling.  Don't know if maybe it's because Rodgers's record against these guys is 5-1 and 3-0 in Philly counting the playoffs, or just because the Eagles haven't really been dominating as of late in losing to the Commanders and only beating a bad Colts team by 1.  Maybe also because our team might have that fight for their playoff life mentality for this one which they have to have.  I don't know ... But I don't think this game is going to exactly flow by the script.

On 11/18/2022 at 3:34 PM, Striker said:

The Vikings could be in contention for the 1 seed still and they need to be 1 game up over the Eagles because of the head to head tiebreaker so I don't see them resting players unless they or the Eagles completely implode.

After the Vikings got their butts handed to them today at home .. it could very well be a one and done playoff game too.

1 hour ago, oldmansmell said:

It's gonna be a win. It just is, GB is better than the Colts. It might not mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but that team is the Cardinals last year. 

Wouldn't necessarily put it that way, but I do think we might be catching them at the right time.  The saying that pretty much defines this league today is that it's not always who you play but when you play them.

Now where there may be a concern is if the Eagles offense gets going hard and gets into a high 30s scoring range, we might be in trouble.  Keep them in the mid or even upper 20s though and we can still have em.

We can win this game, no doubt. 

Think the odds are against it, but this Eagles team certainly feels more beatable than they did 3 weeks ago. 

Will we win? Probably not. If we still had Gary, I’d be apoplectic over how much of the fan base has given up on this season. But without a field tilter on defense, I don’t see how Barry can get these guys to play to the level they will need to to put together a winning streak. 

Philly certainly doesn't seem untouchable like they did. Not an unbeatable team, but it's unlikely. They didn't appear to be invincible but they seemed to have a knack for being mostly consistent and then finding ways to win when they had to. We've been the team that's found ways to lose. Hard to have any confidence in this team at all.