Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

I think the game will come down to one thing though for us.  Now obviously we gotta keep throwing to Watson out there because he's the most consistent threat we got out there.  But in this game I just feel like somebody else not named Watson or Jones has to finally come on and do something to give that extra juice.  Do you give Toure one more look to see if he makes a big play or two?  I'd say go for it.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:45 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

Man, I just can't quit getting the feeling we might win this one, don't know why but just that strange feeling.  Don't know if maybe it's because Rodgers's record against these guys is 5-1 and 3-0 in Philly counting the playoffs, or just because the Eagles haven't really been dominating as of late in losing to the Commanders and only beating a bad Colts team by 1.  Maybe also because our team might have that fight for their playoff life mentality for this one which they have to have.  I don't know ... But I don't think this game is going to exactly flow by the script.

+1

@Normhas preached all year- NFL is random.

Was @ Titans game and watched Watson a lot. He was open a lot. If Rodgers starts throwing to him more I believe everything starts to open up. OL consistency will help also.

• Like 1

After a 5-day weekend not sure I want to stay up and watch all of this game to be honest. 

Could we beat them? Yes! It would be a major upset as they do things, we are not good at stopping. 

I want Watson to get another 2 or 3 TD catches though. 

I'm still in for the tank to get a high draft pick. 

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Watson vs Slay or Bradberry - both very good man cover corners.  Hope to see Watson come out on top once or twice, but my expectations for the rookie are Quite low.

There are ways to get him deep on either of these two. Neither have the speed to hang with him. 

16 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

+1

Was @ Titans game and watched Watson a lot. He was open a lot. If Rodgers starts throwing to him more I believe everything starts to open up. OL consistency will help also.

I was wondering that.

When we got to see replays at home, I thought I saw Watson get behind an awful lot of coverage.  

Also....could very well have been safeties close enough to take the long pass away.  Couldn't really tell.

But from the armchair angle, it does look like Watson has no issue getting separation.

23 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

+1

And he missed a few throws as well which he normally wouldn't, which is why I had myself thinking either his hand got worse as the temps got colder or something.  Now, might be a little wet in Philly but I'm guessing not quite as cold.

But like I also said, our Thursday night game really couldn't have come at a worse time.  That many weeks in, no bye, coming off a longer OT game, it's no shocker this team was likely running on fumes by then.  This extra 3 days coming out ... Well unless they overeat on Thanksgiving Day or something, I really think they're going to have a lot more energy come Sunday night.

Now, having said that, there is no moral victory for any loss here at all since this game is, IMO playoffs or bust.  4-8 with several road games coming up including against a pretty good Dolphins team, and yeah I think you can X the season as over.  A win here though, and I think we just might be able to surge and pull it off, or at least a win followed by 2 more would net us back to 500 with momentum heading into that Christmas Day game.  But yeah, it's now or never for this season.

11 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

And he missed a few throws as well which he normally wouldn't, which is why I had myself thinking either his hand got worse as the temps got colder or something.  Now, might be a little wet in Philly but I'm guessing not quite as cold.

But like I also said, our Thursday night game really couldn't have come at a worse time.  That many weeks in, no bye, coming off a longer OT game, it's no shocker this team was likely running on fumes by then.  This extra 3 days coming out ... Well unless they overeat on Thanksgiving Day or something, I really think they're going to have a lot more energy come Sunday night.

Now, having said that, there is no moral victory for any loss here at all since this game is, IMO playoffs or bust.  4-8 with several road games coming up including against a pretty good Dolphins team, and yeah I think you can X the season as over.  A win here though, and I think we just might be able to surge and pull it off, or at least a win followed by 2 more would net us back to 500 with momentum heading into that Christmas Day game.  But yeah, it's now or never for this season.

I will be shocked if we find a way to pull this one off.  We just don't have the horses to go into Philly and get the upset.  I just want us to not get embarrassed on national TV like MN did against Dallas, play well and let the chips fall as they may.  I also hope nobody else gets seriously injured.