GDT - Week 11 - The One Way Rivalry

Hunter2_1

Awful news.. 

This offensive line has so little depth. I'm not sure how long centers usually stay in the league but it's tough to see him have a serious injury when he will be 31 to start next season. 

Over/Under on OL drafted this year is now set at 3.5 lol

Edited by Crimmage

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Wynn isn’t gonna be here next year anyway 

He's gone, i agree .. only way he is back is if the entire team doesn't want him and BB brings him back as a guy who can be a backup at all positions. They do lack depth so it's possible they bring him back if nobody else wants him. 

I was more focused on David Andrews there though. 31 years old next year, 2 years left on his deal.. BB may want to get ahead of that and draft his replacement this year instead of next. This is all assuming Russey isn't a guy they love. If Andrews is done for the season I wouldn't be surprised if Russey takes over at some point.. Ferentz has been pretty meh. 

Trent Brown only has 1 year left.. so getting a LT of the future is important... and they have nobody to start RT.. so they need that too. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Agreed.

So, looking forward to Bill drafting a RB

I can guarantee the the Pats and BB will not pick one OL until the 5th RD or none at all.

Past, We need TE nothing, WR nothing, LB nothing, McCourty replacement nothing.  OG..... You kidding me!!!!!!!

We all want OT guess what. NOPE!

@Hunter2_1 sorry you just guaranteed no RBs in the draft next year!!!!!!😆🤣

Edited by m haynes

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I can guarantee the the Pats and BB will not pick one OL until the 5th RD or none at all.

Past, We need TE nothing, WR nothing, LB nothing, McCourty replacement nothing.  OG..... You kidding me!!!!!!!

We all want OT guess what. NOPE!

RB isn't happening early, BB prepared for that last year. At most you may see one taken in the 6th round ( they have 3).. which if you can find yourself an Isiah Pacheco type, go for it! I still believe Strong is someone they want to get involved with his home run speed... but they need the OL to make that possible. Damien Harris also isn't out of the question to resign if he takes a low yearly salary.. he loves this area from what everyone has said, so I think it's possible. 

- Stevenson / K. Harris / Strong / Montgomery / Another Veteran Rex Burkhead type 

BB has never had an issue spending high picks on a LT, in fact everyone but Trent Brown has been a top 50 pick. Light / Solder / Wynn. I fully expect him to draft a LT in the first round, and if all the best ones are taken at their pick.. i'm sure they will trade back then reach for a guy like they did with Strange. Either way, I put the odds of a LT with their first pick at over 70%. Trent Brown being benched in this game adds a whole other wrinkle to all of this.. I figured the process would be Brown starts at LT one more year, you put the rookie at RT then swap them after Brown leaves. Now .. who knows.. BB could go scorched earth on the OL and either want him as a backup, traded or cut. Depending on how the draft shakes out.. that Rams 4th round pick would probably be another good shot at a RT too. 

Center I don't think they've ever had a high round guy.. now that could change (Cole Strange).. or we could expect them to throw darts in the 6th round / UDFA ( Assuming they don't love Russey who they just added to the 53).  Look for an undersized, athletic, college captain and that's probably a guy they go after. 

TE: I have a strange feeling that Henry gets cut / traded. They would save something like 10-15M in cap space that could be spent elsewhere. The TE experiment hasn't worked and they had committed to Jonnu for at least another year. This is also supposed to be a good TE draft.. if you're looking for a surprise scenario.. it's drafting a TE in the first 3 rounds. I'm not sure of this free agent class but I could see BB going to FA for more defense (1-2 impact players) then continuing to build the offense through the draft. 

McCourty Replacement: I thought this too.. but I think more and more that they have had a plan for this for years. No other way it makes sense. I think Jonathan Jones will get extended and be the FS of the next 3-4 years and they will draft another mid round CB to replace him.

WR is another tough one.. nobody good in Free Agency.. if you lose Meyers you've got to spend a high pick on someone imo.. lots of really good slot options this year too. I could see them drafting a WR in the 2nd-3rd round.

They will have a bunch of mid round picks.. so I could see them trading all over the place to get a bunch of guys they like. 1/2/3/4/4/4(comp)/6/6/6(comp)/7/7(comp) ... that's a LOT of picks. Double dips at OT/IOL/WR are not out of the question 

11 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

RB isn't happening early, BB prepared for that last year. At most you may see one taken in the 6th round ( they have 3).. which if you can find yourself an Isiah Pacheco type, go for it! I still believe Strong is someone they want to get involved with his home run speed... but they need the OL to make that possible. Damien Harris also isn't out of the question to resign if he takes a low yearly salary.. he loves this area from what everyone has said, so I think it's possible. 

- Stevenson / K. Harris / Strong / Montgomery / Another Veteran Rex Burkhead type 

BB has never had an issue spending high picks on a LT, in fact everyone but Trent Brown has been a top 50 pick. Light / Solder / Wynn. I fully expect him to draft a LT in the first round, and if all the best ones are taken at their pick.. i'm sure they will trade back then reach for a guy like they did with Strange. Either way, I put the odds of a LT with their first pick at over 70%. Trent Brown being benched in this game adds a whole other wrinkle to all of this.. I figured the process would be Brown starts at LT one more year, you put the rookie at RT then swap them after Brown leaves. Now .. who knows.. BB could go scorched earth on the OL and either want him as a backup, traded or cut. Depending on how the draft shakes out.. that Rams 4th round pick would probably be another good shot at a RT too. 

Center I don't think they've ever had a high round guy.. now that could change (Cole Strange).. or we could expect them to throw darts in the 6th round / UDFA ( Assuming they don't love Russey who they just added to the 53).  Look for an undersized, athletic, college captain and that's probably a guy they go after. 

TE: I have a strange feeling that Henry gets cut / traded. They would save something like 10-15M in cap space that could be spent elsewhere. The TE experiment hasn't worked and they had committed to Jonnu for at least another year. This is also supposed to be a good TE draft.. if you're looking for a surprise scenario.. it's drafting a TE in the first 3 rounds. I'm not sure of this free agent class but I could see BB going to FA for more defense (1-2 impact players) then continuing to build the offense through the draft. 

McCourty Replacement: I thought this too.. but I think more and more that they have had a plan for this for years. No other way it makes sense. I think Jonathan Jones will get extended and be the FS of the next 3-4 years and they will draft another mid round CB to replace him.

WR is another tough one.. nobody good in Free Agency.. if you lose Meyers you've got to spend a high pick on someone imo.. lots of really good slot options this year too. I could see them drafting a WR in the 2nd-3rd round.

They will have a bunch of mid round picks.. so I could see them trading all over the place to get a bunch of guys they like. 1/2/3/4/4/4(comp)/6/6/6(comp)/7/7(comp) ... that's a LOT of picks. Double dips at OT/IOL/WR are not out of the question 

Sorry @Crimmage that to logical. 😃😁

• Like 1