it's the hope that kills you: the 2022 coaching c̶a̶r̶o̶u̶s̶e̶l̶ roller coaster thread

catcheryea

On 11/28/2022 at 2:57 PM, beekay414 said:

Vacant Jobs
Cincinnati
Liberty
South Florida
Stanford
Tulsa
UNLV
Western Michigan

Filled Jobs
Arizona State - Kenny Dillingham
Auburn - Hugh Freeze
Charlotte - Biff Poggi
Colorado - Deion Sanders (rumored)
Florida Atlantic - Tom Herman
Georgia Tech - Brent Key
Nebraska - Matt Rhule
Texas State - GJ Kinne
UAB - Trent Dilfer
Wisconsin - Luke Fickell

Updated

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Absolutely ******* huge get for Colorado.

i can't believe auburn never tried to grab him. i mean i can, but it's still so stupid they didn't

at the very least, he probably recruits well enough to make up for gus and harsin and stocks the cupboards enough for the next guy to coast on that talent for a couple years just like they did after muschamp

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

i can't believe auburn never tried to grab him. i mean i can, but it's still so stupid they didn't

at the very least, he probably recruits well enough to make up for gus and harsin and stocks the cupboards enough for the next guy to coast on that talent for a couple years just like they did after muschamp

watching arnold schwarzenegger GIF

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Would he even have taken the job? Auburn's structure is a ******* mess.

yeah idk it’s a total ****show

we shouldn’t be surprised if the crew that used all 21 collective brain cells to hire high freeze never considered deion a candidate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Kinda stupid for Prime, Colorado is a coach killer. But if the money is there go, and bringing his son, might be 7 wins.

First, Colorado is a pretty great place to live imho. Second, if you have a coach who can recruit at Colorado (and Deion will recruit there), you can win at that school. 

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Kinda stupid for Prime, Colorado is a coach killer. But if the money is there go, and bringing his son, might be 7 wins.

I have a super soft spot for CU so I'm hoping for a turnaround. If they're going to give him the proper budget and let him do what he's gotta do, they could turn it around quickly. Plus, CU knows that they can't afford to be left behind in expansion.

My guess is he views it as a steppingstone even if he’s not going to say it. I think, like his goal at Jackson state, if he can leave Colorado in better shape than he found it, which I believe he will, he will make a step up in a couple years.

He’s at least going to have some good off-season favor, and the transfer portal to get started. You know he’s going to take the best players from Jackson state, and if Travis Hunter doesn’t go to a bigger program, I’m sure he will go out to Colorado. The game has changed, and he is going to draw kids in. Just look at how quickly Lincoln Riley was able to change the USC offense through the portal instantly. 

• Like 1