Caleb Jones

Old Guy

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This young man has been on the non-football injury list for somewhere between 4-6 weeks. Any idea what his illness is that has kept him out this long? I have high hopes to this guy and hope he get back to full strength 

Being stashed???

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why would you take him off the list?

Let him do conditioning for a year and continue to get the weight down. 

Don't believe that was the suggestion I made. I was just asking if he had recovered from whatever illness he had. 

My high hopes for him are dependent on his return to full strength, health wise. It would be great if he were working on his diet and getting himself into NFL condition. 

Edited by Old Guy

On 11/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, Old Guy said:

Don't believe that was the suggestion I made. I was just asking if he had recovered from whatever illness he had. 

My high hopes for him are dependent on his return to full strength, health wise. It would be great if he were working on his diet and getting himself into NFL condition. 

Per JSO

GREEN BAY – The mystery over why the Green Bay Packers put promising young tackle Caleb Jones on the non-football injury list is over.

He had mononucleosis.

Jones practiced for the first time since Sept. 16, opening a three-week window available to the Packers to evaluate him and decide whether to add him back to the 53-man roster. He practiced in pads and said he felt stronger than he was before the illness struck him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Mono takes forever. 

Yeah, I am reading up on it. Per WebMD:

Some people have no symptoms or ones that are so mild, they don’t notice them.

Most people who get mono feel better in about 2 to 4 weeks. Sometimes, fatigue can last several weeks after that. In some cases, it can take 6 months or longer for the symptoms to go away.

I guess that I have never had it.  Or if I did, it was really mild. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He had mono for a month? Or how long has it been?  I thought that lasted for like a week.  Perhaps I was misinformed.

If there is swelling of the spleen or liver, practicing football becomes too dangerous as impact can cause injury/ rupture to those organs.  That is not good, and not worth the risk

• Like 1